Forums de discussion

OpenLDAP

thumbnail
chandan B, modifié il y a 9 années.

OpenLDAP

Junior Member Publications: 64 Date d'inscription: 06/08/14 Publications récentes
Does Liferay provide an openLDAP plugin that can work with multiple openLDAP providers?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

RE: OpenLDAP

Liferay Legend Publications: 14916 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
The ldap integration that Liferay has baked into the core can be used with openldap.

Or are you asking for something different and I'm just completely missing it?
thumbnail

Junior Member Publications: 64 Date d'inscription: 06/08/14 Publications récentes
David H Nebinger:
The ldap integration that Liferay has baked into the core can be used with openldap.

Or are you asking for something different and I'm just completely missing it?

I'm Working on Single sign on. The various technologies that support single sign on are:
- LDAP / Active Directory
- openLDAP
- oAuth
- OpenSocial
- SiteMinder
- openID
- SAML

So, Which technology is supported by Liferay?.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

RE: OpenLDAP (Réponse)

Liferay Legend Publications: 14916 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Pretty much all of them.
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 978 Date d'inscription: 03/01/10 Publications récentes
chandan B:
Does Liferay provide an openLDAP plugin that can work with multiple openLDAP providers?

OpenLDAP is one of the many LDAP out there. Liferay works well with OpenLDAP. I have no idea what you mean by multiple OpenLDAP providers. And then you ask about SSO which is another topic.

please clarify if you want help
thumbnail

Jack Bakker:
chandan B:

OpenLDAP is one of the many LDAP out there. Liferay works well with OpenLDAP. I have no idea what you mean by multiple OpenLDAP providers. And then you ask about SSO which is another topic.

please clarify if you want help

Based on my research on Single sign on openldap provides SSO feature so other openldap which is the best fot for SSO in lferay
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 978 Date d'inscription: 03/01/10 Publications récentes
chandan B:

Based on my research on Single sign on openldap provides SSO feature so other openldap which is the best fot for SSO in lferay

OpenLDAP is a implementation of LDAP.

SSO using SAML2, CAS, etc. is a different topic.

Yup, you can have Liferay, with SSO and with OpenLDAP.

But no, your statement that I quoted you on above is not a truth statement.
thumbnail
Suraj Bihari, modifié il y a 9 années.

Junior Member Publications: 44 Date d'inscription: 20/12/13 Publications récentes
Jack Bakker:
But no, your statement that I quoted you on above is not a truth statement.

Exactly, OpenLDAP doesn't 'provide' SSO itself. It can be used as an LDAP provider for SSO.

Another 'open' LDAP provider can be Apache Directory Studio.

An LDAP provider is used by an SSO provider like CAS, Shibboleth, OpenAM etc...