Forums de discussion

Mail portlet configuration

thumbnail
Mesfin Teshome, modifié il y a 9 années.

Mail portlet configuration

New Member Publications: 7 Date d'inscription: 31/03/13 Publications récentes
Dear all,
Is it possible to pass variables like username and password to mail portlet? Here is what I want to do. I have integrated Active directory with liferay so that users can use their domain accounts to login to liferay. A number of user profile attributes are synchronized from Active Directory i.e. email address, name, etc.. I want to create a site template that has the mail portlet that connects to an exchange server and show users email. I want to pass the username and password variables and configure the same mail server for all users. Is this possible?

Regards
thumbnail
Soukaina HAJI, modifié il y a 9 années.

RE: Mail portlet configuration

Regular Member Publications: 195 Date d'inscription: 17/06/14 Publications récentes
Did you find the solution ??
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
This is not supported nor would it even work.

The password that you use for authentication is only retained to validate the AD bind works; afterwards, it is dropped from the server side. This is a security thing.

The problem it poses for you is that when it comes time to connect and check for email, you'll have the email address but not the password.

Retaining the password on the server seems like a solution, the problem is it negatively impacts your security by retaining data that, should a hacker get it, opens all kinds of doors into an organization.
thumbnail
Soukaina HAJI, modifié il y a 9 années.

Regular Member Publications: 195 Date d'inscription: 17/06/14 Publications récentes
Ok thanks how can I pass even the adress mail ??