Forums de discussion

Liferay sync not working

Marc-Michel Rohé, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay sync not working

New Member Envoyer: 1 Date d'inscription: 14/03/14 Publications récentes
Hello,

I am using Liferay Sync version 1.2.2-b3 with Fedora 17. I set up the parameters and the server URL and it seemed to work as it shows "Test connection successfull" in the properties window.

But the sync does not work. It has been able to sync all the "hierarchy" of the target server (ie. I have all the folders well synched) but the files themselves are not synched and all the folders are just empty.

On the taskbar I just have the lifesync icon with a red cross with no error message.

Thanks for your help

Kind regards
thumbnail
Dennis Ju, modifié il y a 9 années.

RE: Liferay sync not working

Regular Member Publications: 228 Date d'inscription: 30/09/10 Publications récentes
Are you trying to sync against a large site? Try running it against a smaller site (just a few files and folders) and see if that works first.

If that still doesn't work, can you attach or send me the logs found in ~/.liferay-sync/logs?
Alla Sapozhnikova, modifié il y a 9 années.

Junior Member Publications: 81 Date d'inscription: 02/03/12 Publications récentes
I am having the same issue. Folders are synced, but no files. I am using 1.2.2 GA3 Win(32 bit), Liferay 6.1 GA2. And no log from today in ~/.liferay-sync/logs directory.
thumbnail

Regular Member Publications: 228 Date d'inscription: 30/09/10 Publications récentes
Alla, can you try the same test? Try selecting a small site with just a few files and folders. Leave all other sites unchecked.

Junior Member Publications: 81 Date d'inscription: 02/03/12 Publications récentes
Dennis, I looked at the Liferay log, and here is what I found:

for each of the files I was trying to upload there was an error message like the one below:

ERROR [ajp-8109-4][render_portlet_jsp:154] com.liferay.portal.kernel.exception.SystemException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /data/webapps/public/liferay/WEB-INF/data/document_library/603976/788324/27938/1.0 (No such file or directory)

When i looked into /data/webapps/public/liferay/WEB-INF/data/document_library/603976/ there were no sub-directories with the numbers the error messages were referring to. (example: for the message above sub-folder 788324 did not exist).

If I create a sub-folder myself, then the sync will sync the files for which I created sub-directories, and will fail for the other ones. How can I make sure that the sub-folders are created by liferay-sync? how can I get the liferay-sync log to be created?

Thank you,
Alla
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 978 Date d'inscription: 03/01/10 Publications récentes
Alla Sapozhnikova:

for each of the files I was trying to upload there was an error message like the one below:

ERROR [ajp-8109-4][render_portlet_jsp:154] com.liferay.portal.kernel.exception.SystemException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /data/webapps/public/liferay/WEB-INF/data/document_library/603976/788324/27938/1.0 (No such file or directory)

When i looked into /data/webapps/public/liferay/WEB-INF/data/document_library/603976/ there were no sub-directories with the numbers the error messages were referring to. (example: for the message above sub-folder 788324 did not exist).

If I create a sub-folder myself, then the sync will sync the files for which I created sub-directories, and will fail for the other ones. How can I make sure that the sub-folders are created by liferay-sync? how can I get the liferay-sync log to be created?

/data/webapps/public/liferay/WEB-INF/data/document_library/603976/... is a strange path, do you know what your liferay.home is set to ?
thumbnail

Alla, are you using a non-default file system store for your document library? What's the value of dl.store.impl under portal.properties?

No, this is a Linux file system. I have a couple of instances, and I am seeing the problem with liferay-sync only on one of them, the other one works fine. They share the same database and the same file system.
thumbnail

So adding files to the root directory works without problems?

When you're manually creating the folder, do you mean you're creating them directly through the file system? Or are you creating them through the documents/media portlet through the web UI?

No, none of the directories on the second instance worked.
Yes, I was creating folders on the file system directly using Linux commands. The "Add document" through the Lifeary GUI failed with the same error message.FYI, the database entries for the folders were fine.
thumbnail

Sounds like there's a problem in the way you set up your second instance if you're experiencing the same with the web UI. Once you get it working through the web UI, it should work with Sync as well. You'll have better luck trying the portal deployment/setup forum for troubleshooting your configuration.