Forums de discussion

How to View Desktop Version using "Mobile Device Recognition Rules"

thumbnail
Lucas Fragomeni, modifié il y a 9 années.

How to View Desktop Version using "Mobile Device Recognition Rules"

New Member Publications: 4 Date d'inscription: 12/09/14 Publications récentes
I'm using the "Mobile Device Recognition Rules" to redirect mobile users to a new "Site", but I need to show an option to "View Desktop Version".

Is there a way (an action I link to a button or something) to do it using "Mobile Device Recognition Rules"?

Thanks in advance!
thumbnail

RE: How to View Desktop Version using "Mobile Device Recognition Rules"

New Member Publications: 4 Date d'inscription: 12/09/14 Publications récentes
I still haven't figured this out... anyone?
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1902 Date d'inscription: 10/03/08 Publications récentes
I'm probably missing something from your question, but can't you just add a link on your mobile site that directs users to the desktop site?

New Member Envoyer: 1 Date d'inscription: 12/09/14 Publications récentes
Lol... there is this "Mobile Device Rules" you configure in Liferay to redirect a mobile request to another site or page. I want to tell the Liferay Rules Engine to ignore that rule from the moment the user clicks a "Desktop Version" link.

The problem is that it is automatic. If the device accessing the portal is a Mobile Device, liferay does all the trick for you. The problem is telling liferay programmaticaly that you don't want it to do the magic for that user from that point on.
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1902 Date d'inscription: 10/03/08 Publications récentes
Ah. I got it.

Unfortunately, there's currently no way to disable to redirect right now.

There's a feature request for this issue at https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-35784. You can follow the ticket to get notified when this feature gets added into the product. You can also vote for it to encourage Liferay to implement this feature.