Forums de discussion

Please enable changing of email address for user on liferay.com

thumbnail
Arcko Duan, modifié il y a 14 années.

Please enable changing of email address for user on liferay.com

Regular Member Publications: 213 Date d'inscription: 15/10/07 Publications récentes
Any reason why this been disabled?
thumbnail
Markus Nordhaus, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: Please enable changing of email address for user on liferay.com

Junior Member Publications: 29 Date d'inscription: 28/06/09 Publications récentes
Hi,

I've the same problem, i need to change my mailadress too.
thumbnail
Shagul Khaja, modifié il y a 14 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 758 Date d'inscription: 27/09/07 Publications récentes
I think this should be enabled.

-Shagul
thumbnail

Junior Member Publications: 29 Date d'inscription: 28/06/09 Publications récentes
Hi,

I wrote an email to the Webmaster. I hope that helps. I respond here when I've got an answer.

Markus
thumbnail
Jonathan Neal, modifié il y a 14 années.

Junior Member Publications: 66 Date d'inscription: 29/08/07 Publications récentes
Hi Arcko, Hi Markus,

Markus, who did you email? I didn't receive an email from you. Anyway, I'll get a fix or an explanation of changes for you momentarily.

Thanks again for the catch,
Jonathan
thumbnail

Hi Jonathan,

thanks for your reply. I wrote to webmaster AT liferay ...

Markus
thumbnail

Junior Member Publications: 66 Date d'inscription: 29/08/07 Publications récentes
All right, folks, we're working towards a solution right now.

Now, since the solution (explained below) isn't immediate, I want to offer an immediate, intermediate solution; I will update your email addresses manually. You can reply with that request here, you can email me, or you can even PM me on IRC @ freenode (I'm partial to the #liferay channel - if you're in a hurry and still want to keep your request private).

Okay, let's explain this business with not being able to change your own email address: The issue isn't really a "bug" as much as it is a "security fix"; notice I put these in quotes. Basically, we've been having non-Liferay employees changing their email addresses to liferay.com email addresses. That doesn't actually give them a Liferay.com account, but you can see how it would be misleading nevertheless. It's not exactly a "bug" or a "security fix", but it's important.

Our solution will be to update this feature so that, if you don't already have a liferay.com email address, you can change it to anything you want - except for a liferay.com email address.

Of course, if you need to change it now --- there's always MY way.
thumbnail

Hey Jonathan,

webmaster ... AT liferay...com is the right email address for you?

Markus
thumbnail

Hallo Jonathan,

I've found your email adress.

Thank you!
Markus
thumbnail

Hi Markus,

Your email address has been updated. Thanks for working with me on this. emoticon

Jonathan
thumbnail

juhuuuu!

it works emoticon

Thanks

Markus
PS great work on mobile themes ... I've visited your blog and your jira issues ... sounds realy intresting. ... I think i have to check it out tonight ...
thumbnail
Corné A, modifié il y a 14 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1313 Date d'inscription: 03/10/06 Publications récentes
Hi Neil,
Maybe not the place for it and hoping you could help me i'm cross posting this question

http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/4619443

Could someone give me some more permissions on this Wiki page to clean things up.
Most desirable is managing/removing the old atachments.
and maybe some (of my) posts
thumbnail
Amos Fong, modifié il y a 14 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2047 Date d'inscription: 07/10/08 Publications récentes
You should be able to change your own emails now. emoticon
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 14 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 6396 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
Amos Fong:
You should be able to change your own emails now. emoticon

Damn - just when I wanted to check if I couldn't have used the hidden field to do it myself. ;-)
thumbnail

Olaf Kock:
Damn - just when I wanted to check if I couldn't have used the hidden field to do it myself. ;-)

Sneaky sneaky, Olaf.
Abhi Ed, modifié il y a 9 années.

Regular Member Publications: 118 Date d'inscription: 04/06/12 Publications récentes
still can't find any link to change my email address .

Any help folks ???

Regards ,
Abhishek
thumbnail
Corné Aussems, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1313 Date d'inscription: 03/10/06 Publications récentes