Forums de discussion

Portlets on JBoss

Diogo Pinheiro, modifié il y a 9 années.

Portlets on JBoss

New Member Publications: 12 Date d'inscription: 29/04/14 Publications récentes
Hello,

I've create a maven liferay plugin project with just one portlet. I've deployed it on a tomcat 7 server and, as expected, i got the '1 portlet is available for use' message and as result the portlet was available in the portal sample category.
After that i tried to run the same project on a JBoss 7 server. But with this application server i just can't deploy the portlet and the only messages that the console show me are this ones:

17:28:43,209 INFO [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-2) JBAS015876: Starting deployment of "sdf.war"
17:28:43,269 INFO [org.jboss.web] (MSC service thread 1-6) JBAS018210: Registering web context: /sdf
17:28:43,319 INFO [org.jboss.as.server] (management-handler-thread - 9) JBAS018559: Deployed "sdf.war"

Since i't doesn't show me the '1 portlet is available for use' i can't see the portlet in the sample menu.

Note: i've downloaded both tomcat and jboss servers from the liferay site.

Do i need to make some extra configurations on JBoss server?

Thank you!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

RE: Portlets on JBoss

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
No, but you should be deploying by dropping the war in the Liferay deploy directory, this should be outside of jboss and not part of standard jboss deployment methods.

But i don't want to drop to WAR manually. I want to do the deploying integrated with eclipse, so that it could make hot-deploy.

Ok, i realized what you are saying. If i put my WAR file in the 'deploy' folder the portlets are registed. But i don't want to make that manually, i just want to add my project in the jboss server on eclipse and everything goes automatically. The problem is when i add the project to the jboss server it assumes that the deployments folder is the {JBOSS_HOME}/standalone/deployments wich does not work to register portlets. It's a strange behaviour since with tomcat server i didn't had this problem.

So I've configured my portal-ext.properties to change the deploy folder but it still doesn't work, here are my configurations:

#
# Set this to true to enable auto deploy of layout templates, portlets, and
# themes.
#
auto.deploy.enabled=true

#
# Set the directory to scan for layout templates, portlets, and themes to
# auto deploy.
#
auto.deploy.deploy.dir=${liferay.home}/deploy

auto.deploy.dest.dir=
auto.deploy.jboss.dest.dir=${jboss.home.dir}/standalone/deployments

What do i need to do to make it work?

Thank you emoticon
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
If you build your portlets using "mvn liferay:direct-deploy" or "ant direct-deploy", you will build fully instrumented war files that you can deploy using jboss' admin console.

You'll need a local tomcat bundle and it has to be wound into the build process, but that is necessary to get the instrumented war.