Forums de discussion

Microsoft Access

Lawrence Martin, modifié il y a 9 années.

Microsoft Access

Junior Member Publications: 25 Date d'inscription: 06/01/15 Publications récentes
Is there any conceivable way to configure Liferay to connect to a Microsoft Access database? I'm sure its not the best option but need to know. Anyone ever done it?

Thanks
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

RE: Microsoft Access

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Nope. The only way it would be possible is if you had a JDBC driver that spoke to access. That's issue number one, although a quick google search shows there's a number of them available.

The second issue is the hibernate dialect. Hibernate won't recognize access as a database platform and therefore will not know what dialect to apply. In these cases you can specify the dialect, but I wouldn't know which one to recommend (dialect knows things like special functions, SQL-92 compliance, special syntax requirements, etc.).

Normally I would never suggest going with Access. You can leverage the HSQL database for demo purposes, and you can run with MySQL on windows so there is a better option to get a real database.

No reason to try to get Liferay working on Access, in those cases...