Forums de discussion

DB definitions in ROOT.xml and Portal-ext

thumbnail
G R Rajesh Babu, modifié il y a 9 années.

DB definitions in ROOT.xml and Portal-ext

Regular Member Publications: 161 Date d'inscription: 08/02/10 Publications récentes
Hello All,

I am able to see two different DB configurations, one is in ROOT.xml and other is in Portal-ext.properties as below and by this it is clear that DB declarations in portal-ext is for the Portal and ROOT is for tomcat.

1. Portal-ext.properties:

jdbc.default.driverClassName=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
jdbc.default.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:xe
jdbc.default.username=Liferay_NEW
jdbc.default.password=Liferay_NEW

2.ROOT.xml:
<!-- Oracle -->

<Resource
name="jdbc/LiferayPool"
auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:XE"
username="Liferay_NEW"
password="Liferay_NEW"
maxActive="20"
/>

So, my query is what is the use of ROOT.xml definition and when this will be used and If I want to change the schema to a new schema for my portal, where and all I need to change the Schema definitions.
thumbnail
M J, modifié il y a 9 années.

RE: DB definitions in ROOT.xml and Portal-ext

Regular Member Publications: 184 Date d'inscription: 01/03/13 Publications récentes
portal-ext.properties overrides everything else, so the answer is one in the portal-ext.properties file.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 6403 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
If you use the portal-ext.properties that you list, that's the database connection that Liferay will use.

If your portal-ext.properties are like this:
jdbc.default.jndi.name=jdbc/LiferayPool
Liferay will obtain the JNDI datasource from your application server. In tomcat's case that can be configured in ROOT.xml.
thumbnail
Aditya Bhardwaj, modifié il y a 9 années.

Junior Member Publications: 78 Date d'inscription: 08/01/15 Publications récentes
Hi

Liferay first read portal.properties then portal-ext.properties and finally portal-setup-wizard.properties. If there is no database related entries in portal-setup-wizard.properties then database entries mention portal-ext.properties entries is used.
thumbnail

Regular Member Publications: 161 Date d'inscription: 08/02/10 Publications récentes
Thanks Adhitya. But my question is what is the using of defining the DB details in ROOT.xml and when these values will be used.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 6403 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
Is this question still open? Because I'd give the exact same answer as I gave above...
thumbnail

Yes Olaf Kock it is closed now, Thanks for clarifying.