Forums de discussion

javadoc for servicebuilder generate

thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modifié il y a 9 années.

javadoc for servicebuilder generate

Liferay Master Publications: 978 Date d'inscription: 03/01/10 Publications récentes
after generating with service builder, how might I get javadoc of service utils and model ?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

RE: javadoc for servicebuilder generate

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
How are you doing the build?

Note the javadoc is pretty much naked, no real helpful comments whatsoever, nor will it include any details from parent classes...
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 978 Date d'inscription: 03/01/10 Publications récentes
David H Nebinger:
How are you doing the build?

each of ant (via Eclipse) and maven (via IntelliJ IDEA)

David H Nebinger:
Note the javadoc is pretty much naked, no real helpful comments whatsoever, nor will it include any details from parent classes...

yeah, my hope is to make available the javadoc in WEB-INF of the service portlet, so that developers can conveniently see the latest after they deploy (in particular service util method signatures)
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
The sdk has a "javadoc" target, there's also a "javadoc-jar" to build a jar of the javadoc.

Javadocs generation is a completely separate recipe AFAIK, one that you can add using a standard recipe found on the net.

Personally I've never found naked javadocs to be any help at all. Code completion within the IDE is usually of more value than them.
thumbnail
lucas theisen, modifié il y a 9 années.

New Member Publications: 19 Date d'inscription: 02/03/11 Publications récentes
Maven javadoc:jar fails if the javadoc is not properly generated... Even if it is naked. So, while it may not be useful for information, it would still be useful to avoid build failures.