Forums de discussion

general guiding design principles for liferay theme v6.2 dev

thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modifié il y a 9 années.

general guiding design principles for liferay theme v6.2 dev

Liferay Master Publications: 978 Date d'inscription: 03/01/10 Publications récentes
There are some great brand/UX designers out there ; many who are traditionally php folks. I repeatedly find it a challenge to provide comfortable cost-saving, feature-rich, and buzz-word compatible guidance for non-Liferaysavvy folks (with much talent) so that they feel empowered to design for higher ups, while also knowing that their artwork will need to be passed to an experienced Liferay theme/layout designer in order to conveniently carry it forward. Anyone has thoughts or has written guidance papers that I can reference ?

Am trying to save myself demo/explanation time...
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

RE: general guiding design principles for liferay theme v6.2 dev

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
It's definitely not as straight forward theming Liferay as it is any other website.

Liferay has so many classes and styles because it has to style everything, all tags, all portlet types, various custom views and data...

In a non-liferay theme, well all you have to worry about is styling those elements that you're going to use on the site. In Liferay, though, you have to be prepared to pretty much style everything.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 6403 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
Can I add a shameless plug?
thumbnail

Liferay Master Publications: 978 Date d'inscription: 03/01/10 Publications récentes
Thanks David and shameless plugging Olaf emoticon

I know what's involved myself, but am wondering if anyone has written a good document or blog - not on theme development itself, but to guide designers to better create wireframes, mockups etc. for Liferay theme developers.
thumbnail

oh... silly me, I just noticed the old version, George Takei sounding training videos at the link Olaf gave... thanks emoticon