Forums de discussion

Liferay Users

Dounia Mikou, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Users

New Member Publications: 3 Date d'inscription: 11/08/14 Publications récentes
Hi,

I have a question about liferay. I am administrating a liferay portal and I am not able to see some users.
The accounts were created and the users have already accessed to the portal. However I am not able to find them. Can you help me with this issue ?

Thank you so much
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 9 années.

RE: Liferay Users

Liferay Legend Publications: 6396 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
They might be members of some organization. In that case you'll find them within the organization instead of the user list.

Also, users are found & shown through the search index. You might want to reindex (Control Panel / Server Administration) and try again

Thank you for your answer.

But I don't have any organisation and I am not able to access the server administration.
Is there any other solution ?
I am using an LDAP authentification. emoticon
thumbnail
Patrick Wolf, modifié il y a 9 années.

Regular Member Publications: 127 Date d'inscription: 15/09/10 Publications récentes
The accounts were created and the users have already accessed to the portal. However I am not able to find them. Can you help me with this issue ?

One silly answer, did you check from the administration back-end whether the users whom you cannot see anymore were « deactivated » for some reason. In that case, you have to select « No » from the Portal > Users > Active menu. If so, the users should show up again and you may activate them. If not, try to reindex as Olaf suggests.

Hi thank you for your help .

My problem is fixed. The users were present in the database but not in the portal.
I need to reindex from "Server Administration" as you said before.

Thank you so much emoticon emoticon
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14914 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
That would have been my suggestion if I had seen the post earlier. Missing users usually always gets fixed by reindexing.
thumbnail

Regular Member Publications: 127 Date d'inscription: 15/09/10 Publications récentes
Hi David, can you explain why do we have sometimes to reindex in order to get the list of all registered users from the back-end? Is it due to a misconfiguration? I noticed sometimes in my case that a freshly registered new user does not show up every time in the list. That's not a big deal because we can get them from a select command directly in the database, but for some people administering Liferay who do not know SQL or cannot access the database server, this is sometimes frustrating.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14914 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Typically the fault is due to the backend being updated outside of Liferay.

Anything you do within Liferay to maintain users also ensures the index is kept up to date.

But if you have any process running which updates the tables directly (adds users, deactivates users, whatever) in the DB, then the index does not get updated. In order to sync up the index, you have to reindex.

It's always best practice to use the Liferay API for updating any Liferay data as this ensures that all Liferay business logic is applied for data updates. Sometimes, however, this gets bypassed because from a batch perspective the Liferay API is pretty slow. When this choice is made, then you must also accept the consequences.

This can also happen in clusters if they are misconfigured (not broadcasting update messages) or not using a clustered index (or Solr).
thumbnail

Oh! I see. Thank you for this thorough explanation.