Forums de discussion

liferay event theme

thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modifié il y a 8 années.

liferay event theme

Liferay Master Publications: 978 Date d'inscription: 03/01/10 Publications récentes
am curious on the code for this theme:

https://www.liferay.com/web/events2015/northamerica

interior page: https://www.liferay.com/web/events2015/northamerica/why-attend

it is very wordpressy-like and has attracted interest from my clients with wordpress background leanings
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 8 années.

RE: liferay event theme

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Eh, it's not too hard actually. I've been working on a blog for creating a similar theme...

Basically you define a layout template to use 1 col layout, but a bunch of them to give you a separate class applied to each portlet dropped into the row.

The theme that goes along with it is going to leverage basic CSS stuff to assign background images and leverage an opacity value to either be clear or faded.

For the drop areas, you just place your web content displays into the layout.

The rest is really all CSS magic.

Like I said, I've started a blog post that will have examples and (hopefully) a github project to go with it. Still in draft, probably not ready for a week or two emoticon
thumbnail
Travis Cory, modifié il y a 8 années.

Junior Member Publications: 73 Date d'inscription: 04/06/13 Publications récentes
I agree with David, beyond the single layout you'll just need to practice good CSS and JS for things such as Lazy Loading and what not.
thumbnail

Liferay Master Publications: 978 Date d'inscription: 03/01/10 Publications récentes
Travis Cory:
I agree with David, beyond the single layout you'll just need to practice good CSS and JS for things such as Lazy Loading and what not.

Hey Travis, what is the js lib you are using for lazy loading ?
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
thumbnail
Travis Cory, modifié il y a 8 années.

RE: liferay event theme (Réponse)

Junior Member Publications: 73 Date d'inscription: 04/06/13 Publications récentes
That is a good blog post David! Another good one to look at is this one. It looks at an approach to lazy loading with Alloy UI
thumbnail

Cool blog David ! Thanks

In a comment to your blog Juan Gonzalez shared a link to a free marketplace Manzanita theme that I think is worthwhile sharing here also:

https://www.liferay.com/marketplace/-/mp/application/52212526

Too bad there isn't a maven-structured source for this Manzanita theme also... which separately makes me wonder if there are Liferay sdk -> maven conversion scripts out there on the interweb...
thumbnail

Themes are easy. Create a new maven project, move contents of _diffs folder to the src/main/webapps folder, copy from the WEB-INF folder of SDK theme to src/main/webapp/WEB-INF and you're done. Oh, and you may need to tweak the parent theme in the pom to match the one from the SDK...