Forums de discussion

concurrency check while updating the Password in liferay

vineet jain, modifié il y a 8 années.

concurrency check while updating the Password in liferay

New Member Publications: 3 Date d'inscription: 22/01/15 Publications récentes
Dar sir,

I want to kno , if liferay takes care of simultanius update of password.
Meaning if a user tries to update pasword from two browsers at the same time. Is this situation taken care of.

Suppose one connection is updating the password , at the same time other request for update comes then will it throug exception . How the code will handle this situation.

Regards,
Vineet Jain
thumbnail
Jan Geißler, modifié il y a 8 années.

RE: concurrency check while updating the Password in liferay

Liferay Master Publications: 735 Date d'inscription: 05/07/11 Publications récentes
This scenario will never happen, as the record will be locked during the update, so that both requests ( given someone REALLY manages to send 2 request at the exact same time - we are talking about milliseconds rather than seconds) will get processed one after another. Not simultaneously.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 8 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14916 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Worst case scenario, last password value wins. Liferay/hibernate may not do anything to block the simultaneous submit in which case the last value would win. You'd have to test to find out.

But really, though, I think you're talking about a super fringe case. How many normal users have two browsers open on their desktop to submit password changes at the same time?

I mean, I believe in thorough testing, but the scenarios should still follow some sort of realism.
thumbnail
Jan Geißler, modifié il y a 8 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 735 Date d'inscription: 05/07/11 Publications récentes
David H Nebinger:
I mean, I believe in thorough testing, but the scenarios should still follow some sort of realism.

This man has a point there...