Forums de discussion

Portlet blacklisted

thumbnail
Thomas Berg, modifié il y a 13 années.

Portlet blacklisted

Regular Member Publications: 131 Date d'inscription: 07/09/09 Publications récentes
Today I saw something that I haven't seen before,

Using Liferay 6.0.4, I tried to deploy a portlet and the Autodeployer went nuts...
Within a very short time period (see times below), the portal had made 10 tries and blacklisted my portlet.

Below is an excerpt from my Tomcat log (the actual portlet name has been changed):

15:28:25,984 INFO  [AutoDeployDir:167] Processing my-portlet.war
15:28:25,984 ERROR [AutoDeployDir:197] com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
15:28:30,062 INFO  [AutoDeployDir:172] Processing my-portlet.war. This is attempt 9.
15:28:30,062 INFO  [AutoDeployDir:203] Add my-portlet.war to the blacklist

Apart from this bug (?), where's the blacklist and how do you edit it?

/ Thomas
thumbnail
Amos Fong, modifié il y a 13 années.

RE: Portlet blacklisted

Liferay Legend Publications: 2047 Date d'inscription: 07/10/08 Publications récentes
Hi Thomas,

The blacklist is stored in memory and you can't edit it. You have to restart the server to reset it.
thumbnail
Erik Forsström, modifié il y a 13 années.

Junior Member Publications: 59 Date d'inscription: 25/03/10 Publications récentes
There really is no other way here?

I had to restart a production server because of this little feature. Won't make the same mistake again :-). Perhaps there should be a feature for it.
thumbnail
Amos Fong, modifié il y a 13 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2047 Date d'inscription: 07/10/08 Publications récentes
Sounds good to me =)

http://issues.liferay.com
Michal Sima, modifié il y a 11 années.

New Member Publications: 24 Date d'inscription: 27/02/13 Publications récentes
This thread is pretty old, but I am pretty stucked with a blacklist addition while trying to deploy MSTRPortlet.

10:48:16,186 ERROR [com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner][AutoDeployDir:210] com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: web.xml must be updated to the Servlet 2.4 specification
com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: web.xml must be updated to the Servlet 2.4 specification
	at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.autoDeploy(BaseDeployer.java:201)
	at com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.PortletAutoDeployListener.deploy(PortletAutoDeployListener.java:84)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir.processFile(AutoDeployDir.java:193)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir.scanDirectory(AutoDeployDir.java:235)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner.run(AutoDeployScanner.java:54)
Caused by: com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: web.xml must be updated to the Servlet 2.4 specification
	at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.updateWebXml(BaseDeployer.java:2020)
	at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.deployDirectory(BaseDeployer.java:576)
	at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.deployFile(BaseDeployer.java:957)
	at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.deployFile(BaseDeployer.java:889)
	at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.autoDeploy(BaseDeployer.java:198)
	... 4 more
10:48:16,187 INFO  [com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner][AutoDeployDir:216] Add MSTRPortlet_Liferay.war to the blacklist
10:48:39,240 WARN  [http-bio-8080-exec-3][404_jsp:?] 

I cannot install MSTR plugin using Control Panel as it is not present in the Marketplace. Any clues what should I modify (only change web.xml form or something maybe else) in order to make it work?

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modifié il y a 11 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 7942 Date d'inscription: 24/03/10 Publications récentes
Well, the blacklist will go away once you restart your liferay.
thumbnail
Kravchenko Dmitry, modifié il y a 10 années.

Regular Member Publications: 139 Date d'inscription: 04/10/10 Publications récentes
You can disable then enable Plugin Installer to clear black list without server restart.

Plugin Installation -> Configuration section.
thumbnail
Brian Scott Schupbach, modifié il y a 10 années.

Expert Publications: 329 Date d'inscription: 23/10/08 Publications récentes
FYI: deactivating and re-activiting the plugin instalation module did not work for me.

I second the idea of creating some interface to override the blacklist.
Yann BAILLY, modifié il y a 9 années.

New Member Envoyer: 1 Date d'inscription: 14/01/15 Publications récentes
Kravchenko Dmitry:
You can disable then enable Plugin Installer to clear black list without server restart.

Plugin Installation -> Configuration section.

Thank you, it worked for me (Liferay Portal Standard Edition 5.2.3).
Jim Somerville, modifié il y a 9 années.

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 19/09/13 Publications récentes
My experience with this blacklist issue on 6.2:

Restarting the Tomcat instance and/or the server did not fix the issue. According to the Liferay log, I could successfully re-deploy the portlet afterwards, but it was missing in any pages that included it, with a message stating the portlet had been un-deployed. Even after the restart and re-deploy, not only did it not show up in the pages, but it was not even available in the Applications list of the editor or Control Panel.

The other workaround I saw in this thread (assuming I understood it correctly), de-activating the Plugins Configuration Portlet in the Control Panel > Apps > Plugins Configuration page caused the said Plugins Configuration page to no longer be available, which meant I could not re-activate the portlet. To fix this problem I had to go into the database's portlet table and set the active_ field to "TRUE" for portletid 132, and then restart the server. This portletid was found to correspond to the Plugins Configuration Portlet in 2 instances of Liferay 6.2, but not sure that is the id across all installations.

Eventually, what seemed to resolve the blacklisted portlet issue for me was manually deleting the portlet's directory in the Tomcat's webapps folder on the server. Then I restarted the server (or at least the Tomcat instance), and after restart re-deployed the blacklisted portlets one last time. This then restored the portlets in their pages. Needless to say, this caused some downtime, but was fortunately on a dev server.

I'm not entirely clear what exactly led to the resolution of this problem. I am just putting my experience here in case it helps anyone else. Perhaps version 6.2 has some changes that led to the resolutions above not working, or perhaps I just misunderstood them. Regardless, I will be following the advice in this forum thread of uploading the .war files to a different directory on the server first, and then copying them into the deploy directory from that local file source.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Blacklisting occurs if you try to copy to Liferay's deploy folder over a slow link. If Liferay sees the file and tries to process it before the copy completes, the file gets blacklisted. By slow link, this is usually some sort of network copy (i.e. nfs or samba or ftp) is being used to push the file.

You avoid this problem by not uploading directly to the deploy folder, you upload to another folder on the system and then use the native filesystem routines to locally move the file to deploy folder.