Forums de discussion

Is there a way to configure the Audit Report?

Gwowen Fu, modifié il y a 8 années.

Is there a way to configure the Audit Report?

Expert Publications: 315 Date d'inscription: 27/12/10 Publications récentes
Hi,

I have Audit EE installed on Liferay EE 6.2. Is there a way to configure the Audit Report?

Thank you!
Gwowen
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 8 années.

RE: Is there a way to configure the Audit Report? (Réponse)

Liferay Legend Publications: 14914 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
No.

It's not all that complicated to create your own. The audit entity is pretty simple and the table is rather flat.

You could either create your own or use the "plugin extending a plugin" concept to create your own extended version.

Note that by default it uses a lot of language bundle stuff to support i18n, so the table itself has a bunch of keys that you have to deref back to strings.
Gwowen Fu, modifié il y a 8 années.

RE: Is there a way to configure the Audit Report?

Expert Publications: 315 Date d'inscription: 27/12/10 Publications récentes
David H Nebinger:
No.

It's not all that complicated to create your own. The audit entity is pretty simple and the table is rather flat.

You could either create your own or use the "plugin extending a plugin" concept to create your own extended version.

Note that by default it uses a lot of language bundle stuff to support i18n, so the table itself has a bunch of keys that you have to deref back to strings.

Thanks! What I really need to do is to log pages user visited. Do you know if Audit EE covers any thing not covered by Google Analytics?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 8 années.

RE: Is there a way to configure the Audit Report? (Réponse)

Liferay Legend Publications: 14914 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Sorry, Gwowen, auditing is a different beast than analytics.

Analytics covers the visits on the page both by guests and registered users and can help you track transitions, conversions etc.

Auditing is at a lower level to track who changes what records (and what changes were made), who logs in when, etc. From an auditing perspective, it gives you a security view over what is changing in your instance.

If all you need is analytics, I wouldn't look to auditing for that...