Forums de discussion

liferay plugin development in eclipse

thumbnail
Naresh Reddy Kallamadi, modifié il y a 8 années.

liferay plugin development in eclipse

Regular Member Publications: 120 Date d'inscription: 09/07/14 Publications récentes
Hi All,

I want to develop a plugin in eclipse using ant. But I don't use ant without proxy and had to use proxy. And when I use proxy I get this exception:

[exec] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Timeout of
120000 reached waiting for exclusive access to file:
C:\Users\Narges\.gradle\wrapper\dists\gradle-2.2.1-
bin\88n1whbyjvxg3s40jzz5ur27\gradle-2.2.1-bin.zip

What should I do? And is there anyway to build liferay project without ant ?

Thanks,
Naresh.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 8 années.

RE: liferay plugin development in eclipse

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Sure, use Maven instead.
thumbnail
Naresh Reddy Kallamadi, modifié il y a 8 années.

Regular Member Publications: 120 Date d'inscription: 09/07/14 Publications récentes
Hi David,

Thanks for your suggestion
but I want to use ant only.

Thanks,
Naresh.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 8 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Naresh Reddy Kallamadi:
Thanks for your suggestion, but I want to use ant only.

Well your limits are going to be your limits.

Just know that either option, ant or maven, will require a network connection and an ability to download some fairly big jars. Your local environment and your proxy environment will need to be able to support this.

If you're in a team, you may get more mileage by having a caching proxy (or even a local repo like Nexus or Artifactory) that will get and hold the artifacts closer to your team, but you still will need a network pipe capable of handling the initial downloads.
thumbnail
Patrick Wolf, modifié il y a 8 années.

Regular Member Publications: 127 Date d'inscription: 15/09/10 Publications récentes
I assume ant is blocked by a proxy. maven is sending HTTP requests and the proxy may block them as for ant.
With ant as well as with maven, you can configure a proxy setting. Look at the documentation of ant and maven and choose what best fits you.