Forums de discussion

Relations MBMESSAGE, MBTHREAD and LAYOUT

thumbnail
Manuel Hoyos, modifié il y a 8 années.

Relations MBMESSAGE, MBTHREAD and LAYOUT

Junior Member Publications: 60 Date d'inscription: 11/06/12 Publications récentes
Hi.

I'm trying to extract information from the database Liferay , and I can not find where the relationship between the threads of the message boards , pages and portlets are deployed where they are stored.

Thank You
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 8 années.

RE: Relations MBMESSAGE, MBTHREAD and LAYOUT

Liferay Legend Publications: 14916 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Nor should you. messages and threads have a relationship, but layout doesn't really apply.

Forget the database, you shouldn't be in there anyway. The Liferay API is all you should be accessing.
thumbnail
Manuel Hoyos, modifié il y a 8 années.

Junior Member Publications: 60 Date d'inscription: 11/06/12 Publications récentes
Hi and thanks!!

Right now, for me it is more flexible querying database to carry out a development .

My question is where are the relationships between the content of the portlets and instances of these in each of the pages?

Thanks and regards
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 8 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14916 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Manuel Hoyos:
Right now, for me it is more flexible querying database to carry out a development .

It always seems that way. Unfortunately the database doesn't have any FK relationships, the DB can change upon each release and columns can actually be used for something other than their original column name which can be quite misleading.

I don't tell folks not to look in the DB because I want to be a jerk; it can really impede your development and makes the learning curve harder by trying to look in the DB. The API is the only thing you can trust...