Forums de discussion

PortletFaces project now at SourceForge SVN under Liferay incubation

thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modifié il y a 16 années.

PortletFaces project now at SourceForge SVN under Liferay incubation

Liferay Legend Publications: 2655 Date d'inscription: 27/07/05 Publications récentes
I'm pleased to announce a new project sponsored by Liferay named PortletFaces, which will serve the following purposes:

1. General purpose SDK for developing Facelets-based JSF Portlets within Liferay
2. Component library for Liferay-specific JSF components that match the rest of the Liferay common UI
3. Facelets view and backing-bean code generator for creating master+detail views of database entities generated by Liferay ServiceBuilder

The project will feature compatibility with both the Sun RI and MyFaces RI, and will have integration with ICEfaces.

The project source can be found at SourceForge SVN under Liferay incubation:
http://lportal.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/lportal/incubation/portletfaces/

Many thanks go to Joel Kozikowski because he graciously donated most of this initial checkin of code and spent countless hours mentoring me via phone, email, and IM.

Also thanks to Ed Shin, who developed a JSF component for PortletFaces that generates a permissions link to Liferay's permissioning system.
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, modifié il y a 16 années.

RE: PortletFaces project now at SourceForge SVN under Liferay incubation

Liferay Legend Publications: 2871 Date d'inscription: 31/08/06 Publications récentes
Very nice Neil!

What would you say is the current state of this? Is it ready to use in real projects?
Ky Pham, modifié il y a 16 années.

New Member Publications: 3 Date d'inscription: 15/03/08 Publications récentes
Great to hear that,

Could you please provide the roadmap for the project, especially phase integration with Icefaces, so that we can decide to wait for it or not?

Thanks
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Publications: 2655 Date d'inscription: 27/07/05 Publications récentes
We're about to start validating requirements for PortletFaces, so its hard to provide a roadmap at this time.

Regarding ICEfaces integration, one of the main requirements for the JSF view generator is to be able to generate CRUD master/detail Facelet .xhtml files that work either with standard JSF components, or with ICEfaces.

I serve as Liferay's point of contact with ICEsoft for integration between our products, and I look forward to creating this tool for helping to foster development of ICEfaces portlets by Liferay and our respective communities.
fusel janner, modifié il y a 15 années.

New Member Publications: 14 Date d'inscription: 07/01/08 Publications récentes
hi neil,

this is really great! i cant wait for the first release of this!!

btw, do you know why even the official "sample-jsf-1.2-sun-facelets/jsp-portlet-5.0.0.1.war" portlets do not work in liferay 5.0.1 any more (seems that the did work in 5.0)?
looks like jsf does not get the request right - the start page always renders, but no button/link (as its a submit) works, you always get the start page redisplayed. the same thing happens with our own portlets that worked well in liferay 4.4.

(see http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/forums/message_boards/message/683135, http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/forums/message_boards/message/718887)

best regards, fusel!
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modifié il y a 15 années.

Fusel, Thanks for the encouraging words about the PortletFaces project. Regarding the problem you're seeing with the sample JSF portlets in Liferay 5.x, see: http://support.liferay.com/browse/LEP-5766
thumbnail
Lari Antero Tuominen, modifié il y a 15 années.

Expert Publications: 283 Date d'inscription: 07/11/07 Publications récentes
Hi Neil, PortletFaces project sounds really interesting. Related to Jorge's previous post: What's the current situation - Is it ready to use in real projects?

BR - Lari
amisha shah, modifié il y a 13 années.

New Member Envoyer: 1 Date d'inscription: 22/10/10 Publications récentes
aa
thumbnail

Thanks Jorge -- As of today, the state of PortletFaces is: all the code compiles emoticon

The classes that are in there now were mostly donated by Joel. Ed contributed a JSF custom component, and I migrated a few classes from util-bridges.jar into there.

I've got a few more files to add from Joel before he can drop his old library and start using PortletFaces. At that time -- yes, it will be ready for use within real projects.

Having said that, the ICEfaces integration isn't there yet, and the JSF View Generator hasn't been built yet. More details on that to come. We plan on using the forums here to validate the requirements.
thumbnail
petar banicevic, modifié il y a 15 années.

Junior Member Publications: 73 Date d'inscription: 27/05/08 Publications récentes
Hello Neil,

What's the most recent status of PortletFaces. We're using them heavily as it's amazing library.

I am getting an interesting exception: "Could not retrieve Portlet object by any known means".

Exception happens when using e.g. #{hasPortletPermission['VIEW]} from xhtml file (JSF, IceFaces).

I debugged a code, both values are null in public Portlet getPortlet() function.
Portlet portlet = (Portlet)req.getAttribute("RENDER_PORTLET"); // is null
and
Method method = req.getClass().getMethod("getPortlet", (Class[])null); // is null

Our version is: portletfaces-sun-0.9.2-SNAPSHOT.jar

Any Idea???
Petar
thumbnail
petar banicevic, modifié il y a 15 années.

Junior Member Publications: 73 Date d'inscription: 27/05/08 Publications récentes
Oh, I fixed the problem in the mean time. It seems that this nice library is bit neglected regarding testing with newer liferay versions.

There was problem in public Portlet getPortlet(), this one works better.

public Portlet getPortlet() {
		PortletRequest req = getPortletRequest();

if (req.getAttribute("RENDER_PORTLET")!=null) {
			Portlet portlet = (Portlet)req.getAttribute("RENDER_PORTLET");
			return portlet;
		}
		if (req.getAttribute("javax.portlet.request")!=null) {
			RenderRequest rr = (RenderRequest)req.getAttribute("javax.portlet.request");
			try {
				Method method = rr.getClass().getMethod("getPortlet", (Class[])null);
				if (method != null) {
					Object value = method.invoke(rr, (Object[])null);
					if ((value != null) && (value instanceof Portlet)) 
						return (Portlet)value;
				}
			} catch (Exception ex) {
			}
		}
		// Can't find it in the request. We'll have to try to get it using Java Reflection.
		// This is a SERIOUS Liferay hack. Hope it stands the test of time...
		try {
			Method method = req.getClass().getMethod("getPortlet", (Class[])null);
			if (method != null) {
				Object value = method.invoke(req, (Object[])null);
				if ((value != null) && (value instanceof Portlet)) 
					return (Portlet)value;
			}
		} catch (Exception e) {
		}
		// If we are here that means that we were not able to find portlet. Throw Exception.
		throw new RuntimeException("Could not retrieve Portlet object by any known means.");
	}

public Layout getLayout() {
		//Layout layout = (Layout)getPortletRequest().getAttribute("LAYOUT");
		//return layout;
		return getThemeDisplay().getLayout();
	}
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modifié il y a 15 années.

For the latest news on PortletFaces, please refer to this blog entry:
http://www.liferay.com/web/ngriffin/blog/-/blogs/portletfaces-becoming-part-of-the-edoras-framework

Thanks for letting me know about the bug. I'll fix it before the initial checkin to the Edoras Framework.
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modifié il y a 14 années.

Petar,

Do you have the following in your web.xml file?

<context-param>
<param-name>com.icesoft.faces.hiddenPortletAttributes</param-name>
<param-value>COMPANY_ID LAYOUT RENDER_PORTLET THEME_DISPLAY</param-value>
</context-param>

See the following tickets regarding the necessity of this workaround:
http://jira.edorasframework.org/browse/EDORAS-263
http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LEP-3845
http://jira.icefaces.org/browse/ICE-2381

Neil
thumbnail
Peter Mesotten, modifié il y a 14 années.

Junior Member Publications: 45 Date d'inscription: 04/02/09 Publications récentes
Neil,

Any updates on PortletFaces lately?
Will it be part of Liferay core in 5.3 release?

Thanks!
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modifié il y a 14 années.

Yes, lots of new developments with PortletFaces.

See: http://www.portletfaces.org

And: http://www.liferay.com/web/neil.griffin/blog/-/blogs/portletfaces-webinar
thumbnail
John Joseph Ryan, modifié il y a 13 années.

New Member Publications: 14 Date d'inscription: 22/09/08 Publications récentes
Has anyone used OpenFaces with this?
thumbnail
Corné Aussems, modifié il y a 13 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1313 Date d'inscription: 03/10/06 Publications récentes
AFAIK PortletFaces is only for IceFaces
http://www.portletfaces.org/projects/portletfaces-tools/faq
thumbnail
John Joseph Ryan, modifié il y a 13 années.

New Member Publications: 14 Date d'inscription: 22/09/08 Publications récentes
But it works with jsf2.0 reference implementation alone, correct? I got the ipc sample that is just jsf ri to work.

Is there something other than "not officially supported" that would prevent using a separate third party jsf library like OpenFaces with the bridge?
thumbnail
ilke Muhtaroglu, modifié il y a 13 années.

Regular Member Publications: 226 Date d'inscription: 12/05/09 Publications récentes
Hi,

does portletfaces work at the moment with richfaces ?

What I have seen at http://www.portletfaces.org/projects/portletfaces-bridge it is for Icefaces ? Icefaces does not have enough components, therefore I want to use Richfaces in liferay but it does not work as far as I know...

ilke
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modifié il y a 13 années.

The bridge is for JSF 2.0 and Portlet 2.0, so in theory any JSF 2.0 compliant component suite should work. Having said that, the bridge has optimizations for use within Liferay Portal and has been heavily tested by portletfaces.org and icesoft.com for compatibility with ICEfaces 2.0 and Liferay 5.2/6.0.
Shravan A, modifié il y a 12 années.

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 19/11/08 Publications récentes
Hi Neil,

I worked on liferay in 2008 using liferay 5.1.x, portletfaces-sun-0.9.2-SNAPSHOT.jar , facelets, service builder.
In this EvilDelegator was used and defined in applicaiton-context.
resolvers used are
<variable-resolver>com.liferay.portletfaces.resolver.PortletVariableResolver</variable-resolver>
<property-resolver>com.liferay.portletfaces.resolver.PortletPropertyResolver</property-resolver>

Now i am working on new project using 6.0.x, JSF2.0, facelets, icefaces, servicebuilder.
I noticed that EvilDelegator is not used in either of liferay-faces or portlet-faces bridge in portletfaces.org

Problem1. What is the alternative for portletfaces-sun-0.9.2-SNAPSHOT.jar?

Problem2.variable-resolver and property-resolver are not supported in JSF2.0
and <el-resolver>org.edorasframework.portletfaces.el.PortletELResolver</el-resolver> is giving error
Class org.edorasframework.portletfaces.el.PortletELResolver must extend the type javax.el.ELResolver
how to inject spring beans of application-context to faces-config