Forums de discussion

Problem after configuring Liferay 6.2 EE on Jboss 6.2 EAP

Revanth Babu, modifié il y a 8 années.

Problem after configuring Liferay 6.2 EE on Jboss 6.2 EAP

New Member Publications: 20 Date d'inscription: 08/04/15 Publications récentes
Hi,

I have successfully configured Liferay 6.2 EE on Jboss 6.2 EAP, but after configuring i found out that i am not able to hit the default page of liferay using localhost:8080. But the default page should be called using full url of the page as localhost:8080/web/guest/home.

But with the bundled version of Liferay 6.2 EE with Jboss, i am able to hit the default url with localhost:8080.

Any suggestions on the above problem would be helpful.

Regards,
Revanth
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 8 années.

RE: Problem after configuring Liferay 6.2 EE on Jboss 6.2 EAP

Liferay Legend Publications: 14918 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
This usually points to a configuration difference.

Me, I like to have a complete list of changes Liferay has made from an original distribution so I can replicate those changes in a newer jBoss.

I download the jboss bundle and the original jboss at the exact same version from the bundle then run a tool like BeyondCompare to compare the two directories.

This will point out every new file and every changed file that was done in the bundle and it will give you the exact list of changes that you need to apply to the newer jboss.

Note that is important to compare the exact same version from the bundle otherwise you'll get a lot of false-positives during the compare.

Hi David,

I will make my point more clear. Please check and reply back if in case of any suggestions.

Step 1 :
- Download Jboss EAP from jboss web site, configure and install Liferay 6.2 EE on top of that.

Step 2 :
- Download Liferay 6.2 EE portal (bundled with Jboss 7 CE) from Liferay Portal downloads page.

In Step 1, i am not able to hit the default page of liferay using localhost:8080. But the default page should be called using full url of the page as localhost:8080/web/guest/home

In Step 2, i am able to hit the default page of liferay using localhost:8080 as well as full url of the page as localhost:8080/web/guest/home

So I am not able find out what configuration has been made extra in Step 2 than in Step 1

Any help on the above issue will be needful.

Regards
Revanth
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modifié il y a 8 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 3089 Date d'inscription: 28/10/08 Publications récentes
Take a look on unzip-jboss ant task here:

https://github.com/liferay/liferay-portal/blob/6.2.3-ga4/build-dist.xml#L1067-L1280

And read which files and which content is replaced using <replace... ant commands.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Publications: 3089 Date d'inscription: 28/10/08 Publications récentes
BTW, the specific case of nothing been showed when hitting localhost:8080 probably is related to replace this value in standalone.xml as you can see here:

https://github.com/liferay/liferay-portal/blob/6.2.3-ga4/build-dist.xml#L1180-L1183

BUT if you only make this replacement you will found a lot of errors each day, so take a look to the other file replacements as I've mentioned in my previous comment.

Juan Gonzalez:
BTW, the specific case of nothing been showed when hitting localhost:8080 probably is related to replace this value in standalone.xml as you can see here:

https://github.com/liferay/liferay-portal/blob/6.2.3-ga4/build-dist.xml#L1180-L1183

BUT if you only make this replacement you will found a lot of errors each day, so take a look to the other file replacements as I've mentioned in my previous comment.

Hi Juan,

The same steps which has been mentioned in the Github url was done by me for configuring Liferay 6.2 EE on Jboss 6.2 EAP.

Even though i am not able to call the liferay default page by using the url as localhost:8080

Attaching the configuration files.

PF the same and suggest in case of any changes.

Regards
Revanth
thumbnail

At this point you can use some of the tools David said before to compare these files or even all the bundle and its subdirectories to see the differences.