Forums de discussion

Liferay Portlet Context Path

thumbnail
darren rose, modifié il y a 8 années.

Liferay Portlet Context Path

Regular Member Publications: 215 Date d'inscription: 04/04/15 Publications récentes
Hi,

Given a Portlet that is named MyPortlet-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war

Is it possible to deploy this with a different context path as opposed to /MyPortlet-1.0-SNAPSHOT

regards
thumbnail
Meera Prince, modifié il y a 8 années.

RE: Liferay Portlet Context Path

Liferay Legend Publications: 1111 Date d'inscription: 08/02/11 Publications récentes
HI
you can change but I think we might need to change in liferay-plugin-package.properties name value.

Regards,
Meera Prince
thumbnail

Regular Member Publications: 215 Date d'inscription: 04/04/15 Publications récentes
thanks, do you have an example?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 8 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
If you deploy using the liferay deploy folder, the version should be stripped during deployment.
thumbnail

Hi,

What are the differences between deploying via the control panel and via the deploy folder?

regards
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
I would hope they are the same process, but I guess they could vary.

Personally I never use control panel for deployment as there's no visibility of what may happen when deployment fails. I prefer a structured deployment process where the artifact is placed in the deploy folder (by myself locally or by operations on the remote prod systems) followed by a container restart. If failure occurs, you can review the logs right away and resolve the issue.

Control panel deployment doesn't give you any of this access or control.
thumbnail

there are differences, unfortunately. Anyways, is a container restart needed?
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 8 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 6403 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
for a portlet? No restart required - only ext will need a restart (and the deployment log explicitly mentions it).

Also note that it's recommended to have the plugin context path to end explicitly in "-portlet" if you indeed deploy a portlet. Otherwise there's a heuristic that's trying to guess and with the proper name you can bypass the heuristics and give a hint to Liferay's deployer.
thumbnail

darren rose:
there are differences, unfortunately. Anyways, is a container restart needed?

It's not required by Liferay, for that much Olaf is true. The app containers, well that's a different story. Tomcat, for example, leaks memory during redeploys that, over time, will lead to permgen errors.

So as a rule I think it ends up being best to allow the hot deploy to finish (both Liferay and app container), then kick off a restart. Although a PITA, it guarantees that after restart your app container will be as stable as possible.
thumbnail

thanks Guys, on a related note. How do I configure my portlets such that they are served from a context path below my portal context?

E.g.

I have liferay deployed at context server.com/portal and I deploy my HelloWorld.war

What is happening HelloWorld has a context of server.com/HelloWorld and what I want is server.com/portal/HelloWorld

thanks in advance