Forums de discussion

Automatic SSO with NTLM

thumbnail
Thomas Ehardt, modifié il y a 8 années.

Automatic SSO with NTLM

New Member Publications: 7 Date d'inscription: 12/11/14 Publications récentes
I have configured Liferay 6.2 to use NTLM, but it isn't functioning as I expect it to.

Users still have to click the "Sign In" button/link on the main page. As soon as the link is clicked, it appears that the NTLM handshake happens and the user is logged in.

My expectation is that the user would not have to click on anything (assuming they are authenticated in Windows, etc.) - going to the site would automatically trigger the NTLM handshake and the user would be logged in without any manual intervention.

Is this what I should be expecting with NTLM SSO?

Here's what I've done:
  • enabled debug logging on LDAP things (I can't find the log info for NTLM/SSO)
  • used the ntlmv2-auth library to verify that credentials/configuration is working correctly (with this, the user is automatically authenticated)

I cannot find any documentation on additional steps needed.
thumbnail
Alexey Kakunin, modifié il y a 8 années.

RE: Automatic SSO with NTLM

Liferay Master Publications: 621 Date d'inscription: 07/07/08 Publications récentes
Hi Thomas!

To trigger NTLM handshake you should should trigger liferay login process.
Try (for example) to go to /group/control_panel - should trigger you to login, do automatic login via NTLM and show you control panel.

So - your problem is what your main page is available for guests and login is not required to see it.

Possible solutions:
1. Remove guest permission from viewing home page (may have some side-effects)
2. Setup landing url in portal settings to /c/portal/login - then user will go into portal he first will be redirected into /c/portal/login - automatically logged-in and returned to main page with own credentials.

Hope my answer will help!
thumbnail
Alexey Kakunin, modifié il y a 8 années.

RE: Automatic SSO with NTLM

Liferay Master Publications: 621 Date d'inscription: 07/07/08 Publications récentes
Hi!
Unfortunately I do not know any proper documentation about NTLM settings.