Forums de discussion

Internal Server error during Reindex all search indexes.

Pradnya Bhoye, modifié il y a 8 années.

Internal Server error during Reindex all search indexes.

Junior Member Publications: 70 Date d'inscription: 14/11/14 Publications récentes
Hello everyone,
I am using liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1, As the users and organizations from control panel was not be able to seen in control panel , please refer
1st image, So I was doing reindexing all search indexes from server settings. So I got following internal error.
please refer 2nd image..Can Any one will guide me regarding this.
I have faced following logs ...

17:34:03,379 INFO [PortalImpl:4873] Current URL /solr/update?wt=javabin&version=1 generates exception: null
17:34:03,403 ERROR [SolrIndexWriterImpl:95] org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Not Found

Not Found

request: http://localhost:8080/solr/update?wt=javabin&version=1
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Not Found

Not Found

at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:435)
at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:244)
at com.liferay.portal.search.solr.server.BasicAuthSolrServer.request(BasicAuthSolrServer.java:99)
at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.AbstractUpdateRequest.process(AbstractUpdateRequest.java:105)
at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.deleteById(SolrServer.java:102)
at com.liferay.portal.search.solr.SolrIndexWriterImpl.deleteDocument(SolrIndexWriterImpl.java:88)
at com.liferay.portal.search.solr.SolrIndexWriterImpl.updateDocuments(SolrIndexWriterImpl.java:172)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3917.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.MethodHandler.invoke(MethodHandler.java:83)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.proxy.ProxyRequest.execute(ProxyRequest.java:57)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.proxy.ProxyMessageListener.receive(ProxyMessageListener.java:50)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.InvokerMessageListener.receive(InvokerMessageListener.java:65)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.ParallelDestination$1.run(ParallelDestination.java:106)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$WorkerTask._runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:669)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$WorkerTask.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:580)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
thumbnail
Andew Jardine, modifié il y a 8 années.

RE: Internal Server error during Reindex all search indexes.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2416 Date d'inscription: 22/12/10 Publications récentes
Hi Pradnya,

I take it from the list of steps that you performed that you have SOLR installed along side Liferay on the same tomcat server? Are you able to get to the admin page using just http://localhost:8080/solr ?

EDIT: i just noticed from the second screenshot that the url on the location bar is not localhost. Just double checking -- is that correct or should it also say "localhost"?
Pradnya Bhoye, modifié il y a 8 années.

Junior Member Publications: 70 Date d'inscription: 14/11/14 Publications récentes
Hello Andrew Jardine,
Yes, SOLR installed.. and i was doing reindexing on intranet01 which is not on localhost.
As you said I have accessed http://intranet01.weconnor.com/solr so it shows me the following snapshot..

As you said
"EDIT: i just noticed from the second screenshot that the url on the location bar is not localhost. Just double checking -- is that correct or should it also say "localhost"? "
It is intranet01 not the localhost...
Can you advice me regarding this.

Pièces jointes:

thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 8 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 6396 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
It looks like it all depends on what server you have installed which component on. From the stacktrace and Andrew's comment, it looks like Liferay and SOLR are installed on the same server:

Not Found

This means that Liferay - whatever server it's deployed on - tries to reach SOLR on the same server, port 8080. If there is no SOLR, naturally indexing doesn't work. Why so vague? Your Liferay is obviously reachable on port 80 and 443 and the status 500 error message that you're showing in your first post is clearly from Apache - The requests to Liferay can be forwarded to any server in your DMZ and Liferay does not need to run on the intranet01 host as long as Apache is forwarding.

So - the question is: When you're opening a browser on the host that Liferay is installed on: Can you reach SOLR on localhost:8080? This doesn't work with a browser from your workstation and neither by connecting to intranet01.weconnor.com:8080 for the reasons given above
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 8 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14914 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
For solr errors you should check the solr logs to see what's going on over there.