Forums de discussion

Message boards category name character limit

Ana I Garcia, modifié il y a 15 années.

Message boards category name character limit

New Member Publications: 21 Date d'inscription: 18/07/07 Publications récentes
Hello. I'm using Liferay 4.2.1, and I'm having a problem with the message boards. A category name can only be 74 characters long, and I need to include a category with a longer name (90 characters). The client refuses to shorten the name, they need this long one. How can I change the length of the category name, to accept more characters? Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Sincerely,

Ana Garcia

RE: Message boards category name character limit

Does anybody have a solution to this problem? Please let me know if you do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I still haven't found a way to write a long category name in the message boards portlet, and the client still doesn't want to accept a shorter category name.

Once again, thanks for your help!

Regards,

Ana
thumbnail
Thiago Moreira, modifié il y a 15 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1449 Date d'inscription: 10/10/07 Publications récentes
Hi Ana,

Here is your solution:

You need to create a file named ext-model-hints.xml and put it in the directory ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF. Add the following code in the file and restart your server. The changes must take affect.

<!--?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?-->
<model-hints>
	<model name="com.liferay.portlet.messageboards.model.MBCategory">
		<field name="name" type="String">
			<hint name="max-length">90</hint>
		</field>
	</model>
</model-hints>

If you want to change the name of the file ext-model-hints.xml you must edit the property model.hints.configs on portal.properties file. Read the comments in portal.properties for further information.

Regards

Hi Thiago,

Sorry for the late reply, but I just wanted to say that your solution worked. Thank you so much for your help!

Sincerely,

Ana
Thanh Nguyen, modifié il y a 5 années.

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 11/06/18 Publications récentes

Hi Ana Garia,

How did you solve the problem? I try many way but don't success. Can you help me?

Regards,