Forums de discussion

[HALF SOLVED] Mule ESB integration

thumbnail
Iván Rodríguez Bautista, modifié il y a 11 années.

[HALF SOLVED] Mule ESB integration

Regular Member Publications: 166 Date d'inscription: 25/01/10 Publications récentes
Hi all!

I need to integrate Liferay 6.1 with Mule ESB, but there is no documentation. I neither find any forum that solves my problem (this one is near, but links aren´t running http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/14045889).

I have a clean Liferay 6.1 (community) installation, and a Mule Stand alone version running on the same machine. I have tried deploying a "mule-web-5.2.0.1.war" in Liferay server, but it didn´t run.

Do I have to install something in Liferay side, in Mule ESB one or in both?

Can any body help me?

Thanks in advace.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 11 années.

RE: Mule ESB integration

Liferay Legend Publications: 14914 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
That plugin is for Liferay 5.2.

What kind of integration are you looking for? I'm currently using camel to talk to AMQ and spring jms listener for jms message receipt/processing.

Long story short, no direct integration, but integration is possible...
thumbnail

Regular Member Publications: 166 Date d'inscription: 25/01/10 Publications récentes
Hi David,

Thankl you very much. I´m trying to communicate many applications using an the ESB Mule.

So, there is no direct way to communicate Liferay with ESB? Do I have to develop an applicaction using Mule Studio and then deploy it in Liferay?

I´m very lost...
thumbnail

Ok, I now the way to integrate.

There is no direct integration possible. With the ESB you can integrate several technologies, like SAP, etc. Then, to integrate Liferay with Mule you have to create a flow artifact in the XML DSL (Mule 3.3). With any operation is possible.

Sorry I don´t have any technical sample, so I have to study Mule manuals to develop this integration.

Thanks a lot!
thumbnail
Denis Signoretto, modifié il y a 10 années.

Expert Publications: 375 Date d'inscription: 21/04/09 Publications récentes
As Community Feature Idea I added a request of "Pluggable Message Bus".

WDYT ? (If you like, vote for it)

Bye,
Denis.
thumbnail
Denis Signoretto, modifié il y a 10 années.

Expert Publications: 375 Date d'inscription: 21/04/09 Publications récentes
I'm sorry guys,
the Proposed Idea it's not realizable due to this reason:

"This feature request cannot be accepted. Liferay's MB is much more than just a simple messaging mechanism. It handles a variety of threading models and other internal services.

If you wish to integrate with other messaging providers, you can easily do so by either:
(a) implement your own Destination for those providers or
(b) implement a bridge between a normal LR destination and the underlying messaging tech."
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14914 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
That's actually how I integrated w/ AMQ (not Mule ESB, but same principle).

I've got destinations on the LMB that will publish to AMQ. And I've got MDBs that will publish messages in the LMB.