Forums de discussion

Zoe Tech Theme broken?

Chris Erlich, modifié il y a 10 années.

Zoe Tech Theme broken?

New Member Publications: 3 Date d'inscription: 17/06/13 Publications récentes
Hello!

I just wanted to try the Zoe Tech Theme. Following the instructions I created a new site. I tried to add the different elements, I could only find the Quote Box, though. Everything else is missing.

Am I missing something? Is this the right place to get help?

Cheers,
Chris
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 10 années.

RE: Zoe Tech Theme broken?

Liferay Legend Publications: 6403 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
It looks like the SiteTemplate that comes with the theme is broken in CE. In EE it works well. Here's a screenshot from the expected result in EE
gordon daniels, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 797 Date d'inscription: 24/08/08 Publications récentes
I use CE and it works for me. Make sure you have the resource-importer plugin installed. I haven't tried evey single thing in Zoe Tech but I get the same screenshot as Olaf and the carousel works, the other content works.

Hello,

I had no luck. Still cannot get the Tech-Theme to work. The Plugin is up to date (see screenshot).

Any ideas how to get this thing to work?

Thanks,
Chris

Pièces jointes:

Liferay Master Publications: 797 Date d'inscription: 24/08/08 Publications récentes
Chris: A couple of things:

1. On the site you created do you see the same screenshot that Olaf posted? If not, then possible issues are you did not set up site correctly, or there is a problem with your portal.

2. If you get that same screen, then go to web content and look at structure and templates. You will see what has been created.

3. Also, looking at the file 'custom.css' will show you what components you can configure in the theme.

This theme works for me. I know that is not comforting but hopefully you can troubleshoot your implementation and discover what is not working.

I wanted to update my post. I just tried the lcepatchers download liferay-portal-tomcat-6.1.1-ga2-patched-20130605.021012.zip. When I added a site for the Zoe-Tech theme it did not work. I went back to liferay-portal-tomcat-6.1.1-ga2-patched-20130425.043220.zip and it worked. So, anyone having this problem should check the version of LR CE they are using.
Jorge Fiallega, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 4 Date d'inscription: 19/04/13 Publications récentes
Same problem. The patch did not work for me.
When I install the patch you mention, the marketplace is gone.

Jorge: Hi - yes the marketplace is not in the patched version. There are two ways to solve this:

1. Login to liferay.com --> marketplace and download portlets.
2. Download liferay bundle, extract and then copy marketplace portlet to patched version.

But it does work.

Correct. Yes I did that. So I went through the process of installing the theme but cant get that theme to work.
When I say that does not work i mean for example that the carousel is missing the right side (black menu) and the footer is pretty much gone, and probably
because issue mentioned below I am missing the theme itself on the control panel when trying to make choice of themes.

When looking at the logs started to get this error: Incorrect scanline stride: 32
which took me to this thread: http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/26411772

I started to think that it was an issue with my platform osx with java version 1.6.0_51-b11-457-11M4509
I actually created an ubuntu 13.04 vm and installed oracle jdk 7, but I still have the same issues.

Well, we will see.

Jorge: I looked at the link. Maybe that is why it works for me. I use java 1.6_45. I've never seen that error before.

Don't know what else to say. If anything comes to mind, I will post again.

Thanks Gordon.
This is not much help, but a friend of mine was able to run it with no problems in a windows machine.
So I follow his advice and sure enough, i got an old windows xp vm 32 bit. Installed it with Java 7and it runs like a charm out of the box.

Still does not solve the problem, but ....

Hello again,

just to get some clarification. The problems seems to be somewhere in the liferay code and not the plugin itself? Since it seems to work with the EE-Edition I was wondering where the differences in handling plugins are?

Cheers,
Chris

not really, because as I said above it works perfectly good on windows installation under CE
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 6403 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
Note: I recently had a problem with imageprocessing in that theme (I believe when the sprites were created). Those are most likely due to a recent Java update, but I haven't fully looked at the problem as I could work around it with a different theme.

In case you have problems, check your logs for error messages (came with complete stacktrace for me) containing things like
java.awt.image.RasterFormatException: Incorrect scanline stride: 32