Forums de discussion

upgrading from Liferay Portal 6.1.1 CE GA2 to Liferay Portal 6.1 CE GA3

thumbnail
Blake Jones, modifié il y a 10 années.

upgrading from Liferay Portal 6.1.1 CE GA2 to Liferay Portal 6.1 CE GA3

Junior Member Publications: 39 Date d'inscription: 17/08/12 Publications récentes
Is is possible to keep document version history and revisions of documents when upgrading from Liferay Portal 6.1.1 CE GA2 to Liferay Portal 6.1 CE GA3?

Last time our company upgraded versions of Liferay Portal CE, I exported individual "Document and Media" contents, and then Imported the "Document and Media" contents into the newer version of liferay.

We kept the original documents and contents of documents and media folder locations for sites, however we ended up losing all of our Document History, Versions, and Revisions.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 10 années.

RE: upgrading from Liferay Portal 6.1.1 CE GA2 to Liferay Portal 6.1 CE GA3

Liferay Legend Publications: 14914 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Yeah, just don't do what you did before (don't know why you might have done it the first time).

Use the portal-ext.properties in the new GA3 environ (should point at your current GA2 database and data directory), and start it up. GA3 will perform some updates (update the database, perhaps add stuff to the data directory, etc), but it's an in-place update that should keep all of your history.

Do yourself a favor and back up the db and the data directory before doing the update, but otherwise that's it.
thumbnail
Blake Jones, modifié il y a 10 années.

Junior Member Publications: 39 Date d'inscription: 17/08/12 Publications récentes
I recently upgraded Liferay CE 6.1.1 GA2 to Liferay CE 6.1.2 GA3.

I made a full tar backup of the OLD LIFERAY, and backed up the old liferay database.

I Copied the portal-ext.properties file & data directory from the old Liferay to the new GA3

Everything appeared to work fine at first, however non-Admin Portal users "regular users" can NOT access their control panel.

When trying to access to the control panel from a regular user we get the following error message "NOT FOUND" "The requested resource was not found". http://testliferay.emacinc.com:8080/group/control_panel?doAsGroupId=11120&refererPlid=11143

I can access the control panel fine from a Administrator account.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue? I'm assuming this is a security or permission issue?
thumbnail
Camilo Andrés Gutierrez, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 4 Date d'inscription: 01/02/12 Publications récentes
Hola... Porfa... Encontraste solución a este problema??? Te agradezco mucho si me puedes brindar esa información...
thumbnail
Camilo Andrés Gutierrez, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 4 Date d'inscription: 01/02/12 Publications récentes
Hello. Please... Can you give me the solution for this issue??? Thanks. Excuse me for my bad english. Thanks again.
thumbnail
Krzysztof Gołębiowski, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 549 Date d'inscription: 25/06/11 Publications récentes
As far as I remember, one of 6.1.x versions introduced "Access to Control Panel" permission. Check if your users have this permission set.
vinod kumar, modifié il y a 10 années.

Junior Member Publications: 64 Date d'inscription: 04/10/12 Publications récentes
Hi Krzysztof

i am facing the same problem.
where can i see this permission set for users in control panel.
thumbnail
Krzysztof Gołębiowski, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 549 Date d'inscription: 25/06/11 Publications récentes
Go to Control Panel -> Roles, then find a User role and click Define Permissions in Action menu. Check if User has a Access Control Panel permission and if not then choose Add Permissions -> General and check Go to Control Panel.
thumbnail
Jan Eerdekens, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 11 Date d'inscription: 01/08/08 Publications récentes
In our case we tried to manually add all related permissions we could find, but none seemed to help.
thumbnail
Victor Zorin, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1228 Date d'inscription: 14/04/08 Publications récentes
If it is about loss of access to Control Panel to normal users, see also this thread:
After upgrading from Liferay CE GA2 to GA3 non-admins missing control panel
thumbnail
Jan Eerdekens, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 11 Date d'inscription: 01/08/08 Publications récentes
We've run into a similar problem like this: after upgrading from 6.1 GA2 to GA3 all kinds of permissions seems to be totally screwed up. Site administrators can't manage pages or content anymore or even access the control panel. Trying the same action for the same site using a normal Administrator user works just fine. The only 'solution' we've found seems to be to clear the database and let Liferay recreate everything on the next startup. Which isn't really a practical solution for a working production environment that has existing data.