Forums de discussion

Mapit Viewer

Miguel Arenal, modifié il y a 10 années.

Mapit Viewer

Junior Member Publications: 76 Date d'inscription: 23/04/07 Publications récentes
Hi.
We are working with liferay 6.1.2 GA3 CE under Debian 6.0 and PostgreSQL 8.4.

We have some users with their Longitude and latitude data in their profile(3fmaplat - 3fmaplon 3fmapweight ) .

When add the Maplt Viewer in the Guest Community and in the configuration we add to show "Blog entries" and "fums Activities" but nothng to shown

Check Here

Help, please
Luca Provenzani, modifié il y a 10 années.

RE: Mapit Viewer

New Member Publications: 8 Date d'inscription: 10/10/12 Publications récentes
Hi Miguel,
first of all, we appreciate very much that you use our MapIt portlet.

Unfortunately, we don't understand exactly what are your needs, could you give us more information about?

However if you needs to show the blog's entry on the map you must associate latitude and longitude information to the blog entry and not to the users.
Instead, if you want to show on the map the users that have written one or more blogs, that can't be done with this version of MapIt. In this case you need to develop your own portlet that interacts with the MapIt portlet. Something similar to StoreLocator portlet. Please say us if this is your needs, we can help you with a specific portlet or send you some source code example and generally assist you on developping.

Hope to help you,
Best regards
Luca
Miguel Arenal, modifié il y a 10 années.

Junior Member Publications: 76 Date d'inscription: 23/04/07 Publications récentes
Luca Provenzani:
Hi Miguel,
first of all, we appreciate very much that you use our MapIt portlet.

Unfortunately, we don't understand exactly what are your needs, could you give us more information about?

However if you needs to show the blog's entry on the map you must associate latitude and longitude information to the blog entry and not to the users.
Instead, if you want to show on the map the users that have written one or more blogs, that can't be done with this version of MapIt. In this case you need to develop your own portlet that interacts with the MapIt portlet. Something similar to StoreLocator portlet. Please say us if this is your needs, we can help you with a specific portlet or send you some source code example and generally assist you on developping.

Hope to help you,
Best regards
Luca

Thanks for your reply Luca.

Hereto The Scenario:
The Maplt Viewer is located in the Guest Community (all portal users are Guest Community members) and I selected the following configuration fields:
1 - Blog Entrance
2 - Forum Message
3 - User

The Map work fine with Blog and Foro location, but not with the User location (you can see the example working)

Greetings

HI,
I'm sorry but it is difficult for us to help you with so little information.

please, can you send us a screenshot of MapIt Portlet configuration, Custom Field on Users and permission on these custom field?
Have you some error in the log that can you send us?

Or.. is it possible to have a temporary privileged access to your portal?

Best Regards
Luca
Jeronimo Arenal, modifié il y a 10 années.

Hi Luca,
if the best way to do this work is to have full acces to our portal, please go to http://nekenieh.org and create account and we go to give you Administrator Tole for this purpose.

Thanks for all, Luca

Hi Jeronimo,
i'm registered to your site.
I'm waiting for administrator role..when you want.

Best Regards
Luca

Luca Provenzani:
Hi Jeronimo,
i'm registered to your site.
I'm waiting for administrator role..when you want.

Best Regards
Luca

Hi Luca,
I have sent you a message. Now you have an Administrator Role.

Thanks for your help

Hi Jeronimo,
first of all sorry for the late.

We checked your portal and we discovered a "problem" in MapIt. Users in Liferay are special assets, you can search them but they are always invisible. In other words, you can search them but you cannot see them into Asset Publisher.

Now, to solve this problem, we have to modify MapIt adding an exception for this kind of asset to ignore the visible status (not permissions), or remove users from the assets that can be managed.

We will publish the update on the market place and we will give you an url where you can download the new version before natural time of publishing on the market place.

I will alert you when it becomes available.

Best Regards
Luca

Luca Provenzani:
Hi Jeronimo,
first of all sorry for the late.

We checked your portal and we discovered a "problem" in MapIt. Users in Liferay are special assets, you can search them but they are always invisible. In other words, you can search them but you cannot see them into Asset Publisher.

Now, to solve this problem, we have to modify MapIt adding an exception for this kind of asset to ignore the visible status (not permissions), or remove users from the assets that can be managed.

We will publish the update on the market place and we will give you an url where you can download the new version before natural time of publishing on the market place.

I will alert you when it becomes available.

Best Regards
Luca

Thanks Luca ;-)

Hi Jeronimo,

we published the new version of MapIt on the Liferay Marketplace. Obviously this means some time to wait..I will send you an email, as promised, with the link to download the new version directly.

Best Regards
Luca

PS: we are testing a new version of MapIt for Liferay 6.2 with a lot of great features like GoogleMap, BingMap, full window view and other...
We will publish it soon!

Sorry Miguel,
I forgot that I haven't your address email, i put here the link:
http://www.3fconsulting.it/documents/10664/0/tref-mapit-portlet-6.1.1.1.war/c6cb6b07-e54a-4942-9467-39fa94403eb6

We will remove it after publishing confirmation

Best Regards
Luca

Thanks Luca,
I have deployed the portlet in tomcat, but does not appear in the control panel, so I can not test it.

Greetings

Hi Miguel,
MapIt hasn't an administration portlet. Do you mean you can't add MapIt on a page because you can't see it on the adding menu?
Or maybe can't you configure the portlet after putting it on the page?

I can't help you directly on the portal because CAS installation that doesn't remember my account... naturally! ;-)

Best Regards
Luca

Luca Provenzani:
Hi Miguel,
MapIt hasn't an administration portlet. Do you mean you can't add MapIt on a page because you can't see it on the adding menu?

Or maybe can't you configure the portlet after putting it on the page?

I can't help you directly on the portal because CAS installation that doesn't remember my account... naturally! ;-)

Best Regards
Luca

yes I can´ add Mapit on a page because they don´t appear on Control Panel

Don´t worry, because Now we have another problem. We can´t view the Dock Navigation, and we are trying to solve this problem. However to access your account simply request a new password, or wait to solve the problem, to view the Control Panel. Help is appreciated

Thanks for all