Fórumok

Which Java version I should use?

long zhao, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Which Java version I should use?

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 39 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.08.29. Legújabb bejegyzések
I'd like to install Liferay on CentOS which has default Open JDK 1.6. Is it good enough or SUN java is better?
And I am still hesitating to use JBoss or Glassfish.
Some experts give me suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

RE: Which Java version I should use?

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
I think Liferay is being developed and tested with Oracle JDK. There were some differences between Oracle JDK and Open JDK which caused Liferay system to error.
So, to be on safe site, I recommend Open JDK 1.6. I heard the new Java 7 is still buggy.

For you information, I've have systems on CentOS 5.6 with JBoss with Oracle JDK 1.6.
Michael Harper, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 56 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.08.10. Legújabb bejegyzések
I'm currently running our LR 6.0.6 Tomcat bundle on CentOS 6 with Java SE 7 (jdk).

The only issue I have so far is when I do the ./shutdown.sh I get 'possible' memory leaks from a few of the open social processes. Beyond that it is running stable for us.

~ Mike
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Are you sure everything is working alright because Apache Solr project is issuing an warning about using Java7 with Lucene/Solr.
Liferay by default uses Lucene for indexing and search.

http://lucene.apache.org/solr/
Michael Harper, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 56 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.08.10. Legújabb bejegyzések
Checked with my partner on the project and he said that currently it isn't causing us any problems and by the time we go into full production we're hoping that update 2 will be done and we can implement that.

If not we'll worry about moving to another version then if we need to.
thumbnail

I justed wanted to provide information to all about the warning. It's up to you to make the final choice.
Jeroen Caarls, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.02.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
We did a couple of tests with Liferay 6.1in combination with Open JDK and Java 7. In both cases the server crashed within a couple of days.
thumbnail
Muniraj saravanan, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 95 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.06.01. Legújabb bejegyzések
We have tested liferay deployed on centOS with sun JDK1.6 , working fine

thanks
Saravanan
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

I'm using CentOS 5.6 and Redhat 6. I had some problem with CentOS 6 and decided to hold back. I'm not sure if the problem was directly liferay related or if it was a problem with MySQL.
thumbnail
Ross Stanley, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.06.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
Using Open JDK 1.6 on CentOS I've seen the error described here but it can be fixed by installing the missing fonts required to load the screen that shows server statistics by running:

yum install urw-fonts