Fórumok

Liferay and Wordpress

thumbnail
Juan Mendez, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

Liferay and Wordpress

New Member Bejegyzések: 16 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.09.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi.
Is there any way to integrate liferay with Wordpress blogging system?
thumbnail
Jonatan Oyola, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

RE: Liferay and Wordpress

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 193 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.06.06. Legújabb bejegyzések
Liferay has got a Blog Portlet
thumbnail

Jonatan Oyola:
Liferay has got a Blog Portlet

I think that Liferay's portlet is too limited in comparison to Wordpress blogging capabilities...
I have embedded my Wordpress instalation as a page in liferay portal...
Ganesh Ram, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 199 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.02.05. Legújabb bejegyzések
Why has Liferay come up with its own blog service, when it could have used any of the existing blog engines like wordpress or roller ??
thumbnail
Bruno Farache, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 603 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.05.14. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Juan, which features do you think the blog portlet is missing?
thumbnail

Bruno Farache:
Hi Juan, which features do you think the blog portlet is missing?

Hi
These are some nice features of wordpress: (Some of them could apply in a future version of the blog portlet)

- Flexible comments and pings configuration per post and page
- Comments Management
- Allows anonymous comments and spam control (akismet)
- Flexible permalink configuration
- Import and Export of posts
- Dashboard / Statistics
- Comments Management
- multiblogs publication and management
- plugins, plugins, plugins... (there are lots of plugins for wordpress)

thanks for your time..
thumbnail

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 603 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.05.14. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Juan, thanks for the feedback.

What does pings configuration mean?

- Comments Management
It would be nice to have comments approval. Is there something else in "comments management"?

It's possible to allow guest users to comment blog entries, it's just a configuration matter. Comments spam could be avoided with captcha verification.

Does permalink mean friendly urls like:
http://www.liferay.com/web/deepak/blog/-/blogs/openportal-portlet-container-in-liferay

You can export/import posts through the configuration icon.

- Dashboard / Statistics
That would be nice to have
thumbnail

Bruno Farache:
Hi Juan, thanks for the feedback.

hi...

Bruno Farache:

What does pings configuration mean?

something like this http://www.tamba2.org.uk/wordpress/ping/

Bruno Farache:
- Comments Management
It would be nice to have comments approval. Is there something else in "comments management"?

report comments as spam

Bruno Farache:
It's possible to allow guest users to comment blog entries, it's just a configuration matter.

I have to take a deeper look at liferay`s docs,,. I didn't find how to do that :S

Bruno Farache:
Does permalink mean friendly urls like:
http://www.liferay.com/web/deepak/blog/-/blogs/openportal-portlet-container-in-liferay

something like "pretty permalinks" http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permalinks

Bruno Farache:
You can export/import posts through the configuration icon.

does that import feature works like this?http://codex.wordpress.org/Importing_Content

Bruno Farache:

- Dashboard / Statistics
That would be nice to have

thanks for your time
thumbnail

"I have to take a deeper look at liferay`s docs,,. I didn't find how to do that :S"

Open portal-impl.jar, open classes\resource-actions\blogs.xml remove the guest-unsupported children elements related to discussion.

"something like "pretty permalinks" http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permalinks"

yeah, we have it and we call them Friendly URLs

"does that import feature works like this?http://codex.wordpress.org/Importing_Content"

unfortunately, it just imports from/to Liferay instances, it would be nice to support so many formats.
thumbnail
Josh Asbury, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

Expert Bejegyzések: 498 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.08. Legújabb bejegyzések
Bruno Farache:

Open portal-impl.jar, open classes\resource-actions\blogs.xml remove the guest-unsupported children elements related to discussion.

Thanks for this, Bruno. I'll give this a shot as this is functionality that I have been wanting for a long time. I do think that this needs to be more robust -- a configuration item as opposed to a customization. Things like comment moderation (whether they come from registered or guest users), captcha, tracking of name/URL for guest posts should be par for the course with blogging.

Wordpress does have many features "right", and I do think that it would be worthwhile for Liferay to look at their features for inspiration. I don't care so much about the plugins, but compared to the dedicated blogging software out there, Liferay is lacking.
Leo Wadsworth, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 77 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.11.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
I'm looking at needing to integrate WordPress with Liferay -- but not for blogs. For WordPress there is a cool plugin called PodPress that makes it extremely easy for people to publish podcasts. PodPress understands all about mp3 files and creating all the ancillary data involved in a quality podcast.

http://www.mightyseek.com/podpress/

We've got about 7 regular podcasts going with more to come and we need to make the production flow a lot easier. Our volunteers and editors are all reasonably technically savvy, but they are also extremely busy and don't want to have to learn a big complicated workflow.

I'm currently looking at some sort of very quick primitive integration (probably the iframe portlet). Due to time and staffing constraints, I'm probably going to allow WordPress to use it's own authentication. With a reasonable amount of work, we could get the CAS systems we're using to work with WordPress, but I'm not sure it is worth it given that we'll have less than 30 people overall using the system. I insist on Single Sign On for anything public facing, but for such a limited audience, I can relax my standards.
Joshua Jacobs, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzés: 1 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.11.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Josh,

I was wondering how your WP integration project went?
derp niner, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 3 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.10.05. Legújabb bejegyzések
If you'd like to see this issue addressed please go to the Blog Improvements Wiki and vote for the comment that requests this feature: http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Proposals/Blog+Improvements#_36_messageScroll4113324
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 2034 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.03.05. Legújabb bejegyzések
Please go vote for the blog features that are important to you.
thumbnail
Meykel Gruel, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 5 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.04.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
Bruno Farache:

[...]
[...]

I tried this with Version 5.2.2 and the guest can not leave a comment, although he has the permission. How can i enable the "add comment" link for a guest?
thumbnail
John Arne, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 7 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.12.29. Legújabb bejegyzések
Meykel Gruel:
Bruno Farache:

[...]
[...]

I tried this with Version 5.2.2 and the guest can not leave a comment, although he has the permission. How can i enable the "add comment" link for a guest?

Meykel,

I used to use liferay and have since migrated to WordPress for blogging (due to the capability to export blogs to book-creation sites like Blurb. Exporting blogs to 'lar' format does nothing for me.)

Regarding the guest comments function, I got it working a while back but it required a change to the base liferay classes. Due to a bug in the base comment authentication code, I could not accomplish it without rebuilding the core liferay jar. Specifically, the method to check if a user could comment on a blog (which was actually using the discussion forum code which was weird) was not getting the guest user if the user was not logged in (should have been calling getCurrentUserOrGuest() instead of getCurrentUser() or something like that). Being a Java developer, it was not hard for me to do but it made upgrades a pain.

Anyway, that was not my main reason for migrating away from Liferay. The main reason was that I could not export the blog entries to services like Blurb to create books (my blog is a family blog and my wife uses it to document our family history). So, because Lifeary only supports a "lar" export format, I'm probably going to have to develop a custom portlet or service that will allow me to export the blog entries in a useable format. I'm annoyed that I cannot even export a blog entry (with comments) to PDF.
thumbnail
Juan Fernández, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1261 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi guys, in case you're interested, here I post the link to the Wordpress Importer Portlet for Liferay: http://www.liferay.com/es/downloads/liferay-portal/community-plugins/-/software_catalog/products/8305444

Regards!
thumbnail
Praveen P, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 100 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.02.21. Legújabb bejegyzések
How to enable users whoever logged can can comment on post which is posted using web content portlet or blog?

I enable the comment rating and all check box in configuration but other user can only vote for the comment which is added by its adminemoticon

Please tel me what to do if i want to other users can also comment like facebook and pinterest web sites
Kurt Krieg, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.05.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
Bruno,

I am struggling to set up guest commenting for web content and pages. I am using 6.1. . Are the problems resolved in this version? It seems to me that guest commenting only works in conjunction with that guest creating an account. In my application this is not wanted and thus I deactivated "Allow strangers to create accounts" in the portal settings (and then guest commenting doesn't work).

Also grepped through the files but didn't find any "guest-unsupported" clauses....

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Kurt
Michael Oliver, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 66 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.04.19. Legújabb bejegyzések
Plugins plugins plugins.

I want wordpress because of the plugins.

is there a wordpress portlet?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Sorry not that I know of.
Michael Oliver, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 66 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.04.19. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hitoshi,

:-( I guess the best we can hope for is to deploy wordpress on Apache then build a portlet using an iframe and build a hook or two to synchronize users and organizations, is that about right?

Ollie
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
And setup SSO. :-)