Fórumok

Use of Orbeon Forms into Liferay

Rubén Rodríguez, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Use of Orbeon Forms into Liferay

New Member Bejegyzések: 6 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.09.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
I wanted to know how Orbeon Forms work in Liferay because the Web Forms portlet is very limited, so I visited Orbeon's website and read its documentation. Then I downloaded it and ran in a Tomcat server, I built a form with the Form Builder and then tried it with the Form Runner.

My question is, how can I export one of the forms I created with the Form Builder to include it in Liferay as a portlet for example? Is that possible? Can I export a form into a WAR for example and then deploy it into Liferay?

I know you can deploy Orbeon Forms into liferay but I only want to include a specific form, not all the application with the Form Builder, the examples etc.

Could anyone help me?
thumbnail
Björn Ryding, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

RE: Use of Orbeon Forms into Liferay

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 582 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.05.16. Legújabb bejegyzések
There are three ways you can use Orbeon with Liferay.

1. You can as you mentioned deploy orbeon.war as a portlet and get the whole Orbeon application as portlet.

2. You can use the Form Runner Proxy Portlet to display forms hosted on a remote Form Runner Server. For more information, see: http://wiki.orbeon.com/forms/doc/developer-guide/form-runner/form-runner-proxy-portlet-guide

3. You can use Orbeon as a rendering engine for XForm views within your own portlets. For more information about this setup, see:
http://wiki.orbeon.com/forms/doc/developer-guide/xforms-separate-deployment-with-portlets

If you go for option 3 be aware of this issue: LPS-17363

Cheers,
Björn

Thank you Björn,

I tried to test de second option and it worked at first, I create a sample form with the Form Builder and then, deployed the proxy portlet into Liferay and configured it. At first, the fom was shown perfectly but then, when I tried to submit it didn't finish, I waited for a long time and then tried to refresh the page. After that, the proxy portlet appeared empty and ever if a I change the configuration for this form or another one, the portlet does not shows any content.

The error message of the Liferay log is:

Current URL /orbeon/xforms-server generates exception: null

Do you know what's happening?

Cheers,
Rubén
thumbnail
Björn Ryding, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 582 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.05.16. Legújabb bejegyzések
I'm not sure, but sometimes when you get those type of errors it's due to redirect security. Try editing the following properties in portal-ext.properties to allow all IPs or domains and see if that helps.

#Redirect

#
    # Set this property to "ip" or "domain" for the redirect security method. If
    # set to "domain", the portal will only redirect users to domains listed in
    # the property "redirect.url.domain.allowed". If set to "ip", the portal
    # will only redirect to domains whose IP address resolve to an IP address
    # listed in the property "redirect.url.ip.allowed".
    #
    #redirect.url.security.mode=domain
    redirect.url.security.mode=ip

#
    # Input a list of comma delimited domains which the portal is allowed to
    # redirect to. Input a blank list to allow any domain.
    #
    redirect.url.domains.allowed=

#
    # Input a list of comma delimited IPs which the portal is allowed to
    # redirect to. Input a blank list to allow any IP. SERVER_IP will be
    # replaced with the IP of the host server.
    #
    redirect.url.ips.allowed=127.0.0.1,SERVER_IP

I tried it but it's still not working... emoticon
thumbnail
Gurumurthy Godlaveeti, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 208 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.08.12. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Everybody,
I got requirement to integrate the Orbeon Forms with Liferay so i need help from you to complete it.

Specifications
Liferay Version : 6.0.6
Orbeon Version : 4.5
Server : Tomcat (For Liferay & Orbeon)
MySQL Server : MySQL (For Liferay & Orbeon)

I got orbeon.war file & deploying it into LIferay server. It's able to run Form Runner only properly but not form builder (Ofcourse, Form builder is not supported by orbeon.war as of now).

Requirement 1 : While saving form data into orbeon database, I would like to save form data with user id so how can I do it?
Requirement 2 : Form Builder is not supporting by orbeon.war file but we must provide it to make ownership on forms on their created forms so What are the steps to make it?
Note: If there is something to write code to achieve it then we are ready to make it.

I have been making conversation in Orbeon Discussions & Liferay Forums also. Please check this links also.
http://discuss.orbeon.com/Liferay-AUI-with-Orbeon-Forms-td4658387.html
https://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/38781802

Advance thanks...!
Prathyush S, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 7 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2015.03.26. Legújabb bejegyzések
@Gurumurthy Godlaveeti

I am also facing the same issue

Requirement 1 : While saving form data into orbeon database, I would like to save form data with user id so how can I do it?

Are you able to get the solution?
can you please let me know,How to fix the issue
thumbnail
Jan Geißler, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 735 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.07.05. Legújabb bejegyzések
Passing parameters and saving data with userId would require a PE Version, and the required functionality will be there out of the box. I have no idea if there is another way to integrate the both.
Another hint:
The Proxy portlet for Orbeon Forms currently isn't working under Liferay 6.1 GA2. Don't know if 6.1 GA3 is supported.
Prathyush S, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 7 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2015.03.26. Legújabb bejegyzések
@Jan Geißler

Can you please tell me how to pass the myuser id as paramerte in the user. Check the following url and let me know.

Liferay How to get the current login user details in serverlet
thumbnail
Jan Geißler, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 735 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.07.05. Legújabb bejegyzések
No, because of my previous post:
Passing parameters and saving data with userId would require a PE Version