Fórumok

Whole page getting refreshed, not just the portlet

Dipesh Sahu, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Whole page getting refreshed, not just the portlet

New Member Bejegyzések: 10 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.07.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

When I am submitting the form in a portlet, the form is getting correctly submitted and the next page (in the same portlet) is also coming up properly.

But the issue is, when the next page (in the same portlet) is getting loaded, whole page is getting refreshed. The data in other portlets are also getting refreshed.
How do I aviod this ?

I submit the data in the required portlet and that portlet ONLY gets refreshed.

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

RE: Whole page getting refreshed, not just the portlet

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14914 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Instead of doing straight JSR-168/286, step up to a framework that can handle ajax-based submission and refresh such as Vaadin or the like.

Basically what you're seeing is not a bug, it's part of the actual spec. It's why there's a separate action/render phase for portlets. For all of the portlets on a page, only one is called in the action phase (to handle the form submission), but all portlets on the page are called for their render phase (so the portal can aggregate the portlet content into a single page).

If you switch to an ajax-based framework, submits and refreshes would not go through the normal portal phase process, so you don't end up w/ full page refresh.
Smilelws2010 lwz, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 160 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.12.16. Legújabb bejegyzések
HI David,

I have scenario to refresh just the porlet and not the whole portlet.

Do you have a sample or some resourceful links to do the same using ajax based framework like ou suggested.

Thanks in advance
--Smile
thumbnail
Paul ., módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 522 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.08.29. Legújabb bejegyzések
There is code sample available on this one http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/1781210
thumbnail
Brian Kim, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Expert Bejegyzések: 311 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2004.08.17. Legújabb bejegyzések
Paul, I don't think that's the scenario that Smilews2010 is thinking of.

Smilews2010 - there are lots of examples of how to use AJAX, and even blogs of how to use AJAX with AlloyUI. Just do a search on our site.
Smilelws2010 lwz, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 160 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.12.16. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thanks, those links are helpful.