Fórumok

Liferay and JBoss 5.0

Dennis Przybyla, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

Liferay and JBoss 5.0

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 29 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.05.11. Legújabb bejegyzések
I was wondering if anyone has attempted to run Liferay on JBoss 5.0? If so what do I have to do to get it installed and running?

Thanks,
Dennis Przybyla

RE: Liferay and JBoss 5.0

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 29 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.05.11. Legújabb bejegyzések
I am guessing no one has tried this as I didn't get any responses. I just want to say that I have tried it without success so far. I kind of followed the directions that where in the manual for jBoss 4.2.2. I was wondering why I have to delete the hibernate.jar and hibernate3.jar. I would like to use EJB 3.0 for my database access for the portlet that I am creating. Has anyone got EJB 3.0 and Liferay to work together either on jBoss 4.2.x or jBoss 5.0?

Thanks,
Dennis Przybyla
Kjetil Nygaard, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

JBoss 5.0 to be released soon

New Member Bejegyzések: 12 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.07.05. Legújabb bejegyzések
A company I work for is considering using Liferay on top of JBoss for a new project. And we would like to use JBoss 5.0. One of the reasons for this is that JBoss is Java5EE compliant.

Has anyone had any success in configuring liferay to run on JBoss 5.0? Will there be a guide and a bundle on how to do this?

RE: JBoss 5.0 to be released soon

We are waiting for the same thing, as we want to use JBoss 5.0 also
Kjetil Nygaard, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

RE: JBoss 5.0 to be released soon

New Member Bejegyzések: 12 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.07.05. Legújabb bejegyzések
I see that JBoss 5.0 is released now. (Not commercial support), and I think would be very nice if Liferay could make a bundle with jboss 5.0.

RE: JBoss 5.0 has been released!

I was coming here to post the same thing. I hope they support JBoss 5.0 soon.

Thanks,
Dennis Przybyla
thumbnail
Michael Young, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 846 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2004.08.05. Legújabb bejegyzések
We'll be bundling JBoss 5 for Liferay 5.2. We just got the bundle going today.

Great, that is what I was hoping for. Could you also include on a wiki or something the steps to get liferay deployed on JBoss 5.0

Thanks,
Dennis Przybyla
C. Daniel Mojoli-Boggino, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 12 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.08.04. Legújabb bejegyzések
I have successfully run LR 5.1.2 under JBoss 5.0.0.GA.

In addition to all other LR/JBoss deployment instructions:

1) Erase the following from deploy/liferay-portal-5.1.2.war/WEB-INF/lib

# jaxrpc.jar
# jmx-remote.jar
# jmx-ri.jar
# mx4j.jar
# stax.jar
# xercesImpl.jar
# xml-apis.jar

This list was extracted from changeset 23652.

2) Copy deploy/liferay-portal-5.1.2.war/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar#portal.properties to deploy/liferay-portal-5.1.2.war/WEB-INF/classes (so its in the same directory as portal-ext.properties)
Rupendrasingh Butola, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 5 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.12.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Daniel,

After performing the steps mentioned by you.

Following error was encountered during jboss server startup, I hope I am not missing anything here.

2009-01-02 14:54:46,057 DEBUG [org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment] (main) injectionContainer enabled and processing beginning
2009-01-02 14:54:46,541 INFO [STDOUT] (main) Loading vfszip:/D:/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/test/deploy/portal.war/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar/system.properties
2009-01-02 14:54:47,135 INFO [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/portal]] (main) Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext
2009-01-02 14:54:48,869 INFO [STDOUT] (main) Loading file:/D:/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/test/deploy/portal.war/WEB-INF/classes/portal.properties
2009-01-02 14:54:48,869 INFO [STDOUT] (main) Loading vfsfile:/D:/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/test/deploy/portal.war/WEB-INF/classes/portal-ext.properties
2009-01-02 14:54:48,932 ERROR [com.liferay.portal.spring.context.PortalApplicationContext] (main) org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unexpected exception parsing XML document from class path resource [META-INF/base-spring.xml]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.FatalBeanException: Unable to load schema mappings from location [META-INF/spring.schemas]; nested exception is java.io.IOException: Using reverse path on top file handler: FileHandler@1882017[path= context=file:/D:/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/test/lib/ real=file:/D:/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/test/lib/], /../deploy/portal.war/WEB-INF/lib/compass.jar/META-INF/spring.schemas/
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unexpected exception parsing XML document from class path resource [META-INF/base-spring.xml]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.FatalBeanException: Unable to load schema mappings from location [META-INF/spring.schemas]; nested exception is java.io.IOException: Using reverse path on top file handler: FileHandler@1882017[path= context=file:/D:/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/test/lib/ real=file:/D:/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/test/lib/], /../deploy/portal.war/WEB-INF/lib/compass.jar/META-INF/spring.schemas/
at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:420)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:342)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:310)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:197)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:149)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.context.PortalApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(PortalApplicationContext.java:72)
at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:92)

Best Regards,
Rupendrasingh

JDK Version
Which version of the JDK are you using? I am using 1.6.0_10.

Endorsed libraries
In your JBOSS_HOME/bin/run.conf, add

JAVA_OPTS="-Djava.endorsed.dirs=/opt/jboss-5/lib/endorsed $JAVA_OPTS"

to make sure the endorsed libs are being used via Java Extension Mechanism.

Another equivalent way of achieving this is to copy $JBOSS_HOME/lib/endorsed/*.jar to $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed.

Please tell me if any of this makes the difference.

Good luck and Happy New Year.

Looking at the stack trace it seems to be a completely unrelated issue related to the use of relative path segments (..). If this is the case, track down where you are using ".." in your configuration and change your path to avoid using them.

2009-01-02 14:54:48,932 ERROR [com.liferay.portal.spring.context.PortalApplicationContext] (main) org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unexpected exception parsing XML document from class path resource [META-INF/base-spring.xml]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.FatalBeanException: Unable to load schema mappings from location [META-INF/spring.schemas]; nested exception is java.io.IOException: Using reverse path on top file handler: FileHandler@1882017[path= context=file:/D:/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/test/lib/ real=file:/D:/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/test/lib/], /../deploy/portal.war/WEB-INF/lib/compass.jar/META-INF/spring.schemas/
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unexpected exception parsing XML document from class path resource [META-INF/base-spring.xml]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.FatalBeanException: Unable to load schema mappings from location [META-INF/spring.schemas]; nested exception is java.io.IOException: Using reverse path on top file handler: FileHandler@1882017[path= context=file:/D:/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/test/lib/ real=file:/D:/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/test/lib/], /../deploy/portal.war/WEB-INF/lib/compass.jar/META-INF/spring.schemas/

Good luck.
Rupendrasingh Butola, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 5 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.12.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
New Year Luck starts today :-)

Thanks a lot Daniel for all the deployment instructions.

Finally got Liferay working on jboss 5.0.0.

Best Regards,
Rupendrasingh
Soleh Abd Wahab, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.01.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
I'm very new with jboss and liferay.

I managed to deploy liferay 5.1.2 on jboss 4.2.3 by following the administration guide. But when I try to deploy it on jboss 5 GA I got an error :

vfsfile:/C:/jboss5/server/default/deploy/liferay-portal.war/ -> org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Web mapping already exists for deployment URL vfsfile:/C:/jboss5/server/default/deploy/liferay-portal.war/

I don't quite understand your instructions on deploying it to jboss 5. I appreciate it very much if you could provide detailed instructions. I've been stuck for 2 days.

I did this using a clean install of LR 5.1.2 and JBoss 5.0.0.GA. I don't have a deploy/liferay-portal-5.1.2.war/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar#portal.properties file so I was unable to do step 2. I get the following error as the last poster in the thread gets:

2009-01-12 18:18:31,481 ERROR [org.jboss.kernel.plugins.dependency.AbstractKernelController] (main) Error installing to Start: name=jboss.web.deployment:war=/ state=Create mode=Manual requiredState=Installed
org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Web mapping already exists for deployment URL vfsfile:/C:/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/default/deploy/liferay-portal-5.1.2.war/
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeployInternal(TomcatDeployment.java:192)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeploy(TomcatDeployment.java:146)
at org.jboss.web.deployers.AbstractWarDeployment.start(AbstractWarDeployment.java:460)
at org.jboss.web.deployers.WebModule.startModule(WebModule.java:118)
at org.jboss.web.deployers.WebModule.start(WebModule.java:96)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:157)
at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:96)
at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:88)
at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:668)
at org.jboss.system.microcontainer.ServiceProxy.invoke(ServiceProxy.java:206)
at $Proxy36.start(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.system.microcontainer.StartStopLifecycleAction.installAction(StartStopLifecycleAction.java:42)
at org.jboss.system.microcontainer.StartStopLifecycleAction.installAction(StartStopLifecycleAction.java:37)
at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.action.SimpleControllerContextAction.simpleInstallAction(SimpleControllerContextAction.java:62)
at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.action.AccessControllerContextAction.install(AccessControllerContextAction.java:71)
at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractControllerContextActions.install(AbstractControllerContextActions.java:51)
at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractControllerContext.install(AbstractControllerContext.java:348)
at org.jboss.system.microcontainer.ServiceControllerContext.install(ServiceControllerContext.java:286)
at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.install(AbstractController.java:1598)
at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.incrementState(AbstractController.java:934)
at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.resolveContexts(AbstractController.java:1062)
at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.resolveContexts(AbstractController.java:984)
at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.change(AbstractController.java:822)
at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.change(AbstractController.java:553)
at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.doChange(ServiceController.java:688)
at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.start(ServiceController.java:460)
at org.jboss.system.deployers.ServiceDeployer.start(ServiceDeployer.java:146)
at org.jboss.system.deployers.ServiceDeployer.deploy(ServiceDeployer.java:104)
at org.jboss.system.deployers.ServiceDeployer.deploy(ServiceDeployer.java:45)
at org.jboss.deployers.spi.deployer.helpers.AbstractSimpleRealDeployer.internalDeploy(AbstractSimpleRealDeployer.java:62)
at org.jboss.deployers.spi.deployer.helpers.AbstractRealDeployer.deploy(AbstractRealDeployer.java:50)
at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployerWrapper.deploy(DeployerWrapper.java:171)
at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.doDeploy(DeployersImpl.java:1439)
at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.doInstallParentFirst(DeployersImpl.java:1157)
at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.doInstallParentFirst(DeployersImpl.java:1178)
at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.install(DeployersImpl.java:1098)
at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractControllerContext.install(AbstractControllerContext.java:348)
at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.install(AbstractController.java:1598)
at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.incrementState(AbstractController.java:934)
at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.resolveContexts(AbstractController.java:1062)
at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.resolveContexts(AbstractController.java:984)
at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.change(AbstractController.java:822)
at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.change(AbstractController.java:553)
at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.process(DeployersImpl.java:781)
at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.process(MainDeployerImpl.java:545)
at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.ProfileServiceBootstrap.loadProfile(ProfileServiceBootstrap.java:304)
at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.ProfileServiceBootstrap.start(ProfileServiceBootstrap.java:205)
at org.jboss.bootstrap.AbstractServerImpl.start(AbstractServerImpl.java:405)
at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:209)
at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:547)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
2009-01-12 18:18:31,528 DEBUG [org.jboss.system.ServiceCreator] (main) Removing mbean from server: jboss.web.deployment:war=/
2009-01-12 18:18:31,528 DEBUG [org.jboss.system.ServiceController] (main) destroying service: jboss.web.deployment:war=/
2009-01-12 18:18:31,528 DEBUG [org.jboss.system.ServiceController] (main) Ignoring destroy request for service: jboss.web.deployment:war=/ at state FAILED
2009-01-12 18:18:31,528 DEBUG [org.jboss.system.ServiceController] (main) removing service: jboss.web.deployment:war=/
2009-01-12 18:18:31,528 DEBUG [org.jboss.system.deployers.ServiceDeployer] (main) Error during deploy: jboss.web.deployment:war=/
org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Web mapping already exists for deployment URL vfsfile:/C:/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/default/deploy/liferay-portal-5.1.2.war/
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeployInternal(TomcatDeployment.java:192)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeploy(TomcatDeployment.java:146)
at org.jboss.web.deployers.AbstractWarDeployment.start(AbstractWarDeployment.java:460)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:157)
at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
at org.jboss.system.microcontainer.StartStopLifecycleAction.installAction(StartStopLifecycleAction.java:42)
at org.jboss.system.microcontainer.StartStopLifecycleAction.installAction(StartStopLifecycleAction.java:37)
at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.action.SimpleControllerContextAction.simpleInstallAction(SimpleControllerContextAction.java:62)
at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.action.AccessControllerContextAction.install(AccessControllerContextAction.java:71)
at org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractControllerContextActions.install(AbstractControllerContextActions.java:51)
at org.jboss.system.microcontainer.ServiceControllerContext.install(ServiceControllerContext.java:286)
at org.jboss.deployers.spi.deployer.helpers.AbstractSimpleRealDeployer.internalDeploy(AbstractSimpleRealDeployer.java:62)
at org.jboss.deployers.spi.deployer.helpers.AbstractRealDeployer.deploy(AbstractRealDeployer.java:50)
at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployerWrapper.deploy(DeployerWrapper.java:171)
at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.doDeploy(DeployersImpl.java:1439)
at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.doInstallParentFirst(DeployersImpl.java:1157)
at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.doInstallParentFirst(DeployersImpl.java:1178)
at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.install(DeployersImpl.java:1098)
at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.DeployersImpl.process(DeployersImpl.java:781)
at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.process(MainDeployerImpl.java:545)
at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.ProfileServiceBootstrap.loadProfile(ProfileServiceBootstrap.java:304)
at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.ProfileServiceBootstrap.start(ProfileServiceBootstrap.java:205)
2009-01-12 18:18:31,528 DEBUG [org.jboss.system.ServiceController] (main) stopping service: jboss.jacc:service=jacc,id="vfsfile:/C:/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/default/deploy/liferay-portal-5.1.2.war/"
2009-01-12 18:18:31,528 DEBUG [org.jboss.system.ServiceController] (main) destroying service: jboss.jacc:service=jacc,id="vfsfile:/C:/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/default/deploy/liferay-portal-5.1.2.war/"
2009-01-12 18:18:31,528 DEBUG [org.jboss.system.ServiceController] (main) removing service: jboss.jacc:service=jacc,id="vfsfile:/C:/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/default/deploy/liferay-portal-5.1.2.war/"
2009-01-12 18:18:31,528 DEBUG [org.jboss.system.ServiceCreator] (main) Removing mbean from server: jboss.jacc:service=jacc,id="vfsfile:/C:/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/default/deploy/liferay-portal-5.1.2.war/"
2009-01-12 18:18:31,528 DEBUG [org.jboss.deployers.structure.spi.helpers.AbstractDeploymentContext] (main) Removed component jboss.jacc:id="vfsfile:/C:/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/default/deploy/liferay-portal-5.1.2.war/",service=jacc from vfsfile:/C:/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/default/deploy/liferay-portal-5.1.2.war/
2009-01-12 18:18:31,528 DEBUG [org.jboss.deployers.structure.spi.helpers.AbstractDeploymentContext] (main) Removed component jboss.web.deployment:war=/ from vfsfile:/C:/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/default/deploy/liferay-portal-5.1.2.war/
2009-01-12 18:18:31,528 ERROR [org.jboss.kernel.plugins.dependency.AbstractKernelController] (main) Error installing to Real: name=vfsfile:/C:/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/default/deploy/liferay-portal-5.1.2.war/ state=PreReal mode=Manual requiredState=Real

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks,
Dennis Przybyla

Here are the instructions on how I got Liferay 5.1.2 deployed in JBoss AS 5.0.0GA

1) Download and install JBoss AS version 5.0.0GA into your preferred directory. From now on, the directory where you installed JBoss will be referred to as $JBOSS_HOME

2) Download liferay-portal-5.1.x.war

3) Edit $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deployers/jbossweb.deployer/web.xml
Replace the default servlet (lines 109 - 121)

<servlet>
    <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet</servlet-class>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>debug</param-name>
        <param-value>0</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>listings</param-name>
        <param-value>false</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

with:

<servlet>
    <init-param>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>input</param-name>
        <param-value>4096</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>output</param-name>
    </init-param>
</servlet>

4) Create $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/liferay-ds.xml with following content:

<datasources>
    <local-tx-datasource>
        <jndi-name>jdbc/LiferayPool</jndi-name>
        <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost/lportal?useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=UTF-8</connection-url>
        <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
        <user-name></user-name>
        <password></password>
        <min-pool-size>0</min-pool-size>
    </local-tx-datasource>
</datasources>

5) Go to $JBOSS_HOME/common/lib/, download mysql-connector-java-{$version}-bin.jar and copy to this directory. This is the JDBC driver for MySQL. If you are using a different database, copy the appropriate driver.

6) Download Liferay's Portal Dependencies. Unzip the downloaded archive into
$JBOSS_HOME/server/default/lib.

7) Set mail properties by replacing the contents of
$JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/mail-service.xml with:

<!--?xml version="1.0"?-->
<server>
    <mbean code="org.jboss.mail.MailService" name="jboss:service=MailSession">
        <attribute name="JNDIName">mail/MailSession</attribute>
        <attribute name="User">nobody</attribute>
        <attribute name="Password">password</attribute>
        <attribute name="Configuration">
        <configuration>
            <property name="mail.store.protocol" value="imap" />
            <property name="mail.transport.protocol" value="smtp" />
            <property name="mail.imap.host" value="localhost" />
            <property name="mail.pop3.host" value="localhost" />
            <property name="mail.smtp.host" value="localhost" />
        </configuration>
        </attribute>
    </mbean>
</server>

8) Configure JAAS. Edit $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/conf/login-config.xml and comment out the entire XML for policy other in lines 113-129.

<!--<application-policy name = "other">-->
   <!-- A simple server login module, which can be used when the number
   of users is relatively small. It uses two properties files:
   users.properties, which holds users (key) and their password (value).
   roles.properties, which holds users (key) and a comma-separated list of
   their roles (value).
   The unauthenticatedIdentity property defines the name of the principal
   that will be used when a null username and password are presented as is
   the case for an unuathenticated web client or MDB. If you want to
   allow such users to be authenticated add the property, e.g.,
   unauthenticatedIdentity="nobody"
   -->
   <!--<authentication>
      <login-module code = "org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule"
         flag = "required" />
   </authentication>
</application-policy>-->

9) Edit $JBOSS_HOME/bin/run.bat. Change the following:

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms128m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

with:

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms128m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Duser.timezone=GMT

10) Deploy liferay-portal-5.1.x.war.
- Create new directory $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/liferay-portal.war.
- Unzip liferay-portal-5.1.x.war to directory.
- Go into $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/liferay-portal-5.1.x.war/WEB-INF/lib.
- Delete dom4j.jar, jaxen.jar, commons-collections.jar, hibernate3.jar, jaxrpc.jar,
jmx-remote.jar, jmx-ri.jar, mx4j.jar, stax.jar, xercesImpl.jar, xml-apis.jar

11) Create $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/liferay-portal-5.1.2.war/WEB-INF/classes/portal-ext.properties file containing the following:

portal.ctx=/liferay

12) Edit $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/liferay-portal-5.1.2.war/WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml. Change the following:

<context-root>/</context-root>

with:

<context-root>/liferay</context-root>

13) Copy deploy/liferay-portal-5.1.2.war/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar#portal.properties to deploy/liferay-portal-5.1.2.war/WEB-INF/classes (so its in the same directory as portal-ext.properties)

14) Start JBoss. Open your browser to http://localhost:8080/liferay. You should see the
default Liferay home page.
Soleh Abd Wahab, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.01.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
thanks for the guide.
previously I've done everything except for the portal-ext.propeties part.
now I already got it working.
Clare Walsh, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 9 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.01.29. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thanks, this guide was very useful, though I didn't need to do the MySQL stuff as I don't really want to use it.

The bundle still isn't available, even though there's a liferay 5.2 bundle with jboss, it's jboss 4.x...

Does anyone know how to deploy an ear file to jboss and have the portlet war inside it register with liferay?
Denis Kostousov, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 19 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.05.26. Legújabb bejegyzések
You should add
jdbc.default.jndi.name=jdbc/LiferayPool

to your portal-ext.properties file.
thumbnail
Krati Gupta, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 119 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.12.05. Legújabb bejegyzések
I am using liferay 5.2.3 + jboss 5.0.0 , as when I am trying to run that bundle on windows 2008 of 64 bit it is not starting , but when I m running the same bundle on windows 2003 of 32 bit it works smoothly .

So please help if I m missing some setting for windows 2008 .
thumbnail
Manish Kumar Gupta, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 535 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.05.16. Legújabb bejegyzések
Can you explain, what problem you are facing? Did you tried vanila JBoss 5.0 on windows 2008? Does it works?

I think, you need to find out whether the issue is with JBoss or with Liferay.
thumbnail
Zeeshan Khan, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Expert Bejegyzések: 349 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.07.21. Legújabb bejegyzések
Dennis Przybyla:
Here are the instructions on how I got Liferay 5.1.2 deployed in JBoss AS 5.0.0GA

1) Download and install JBoss AS version 5.0.0GA into your preferred directory. From now on, the directory where you installed JBoss will be referred to as $JBOSS_HOME

2) Download liferay-portal-5.1.x.war

3) Edit $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deployers/jbossweb.deployer/web.xml
Replace the default servlet (lines 109 - 121)

<servlet>
    <init-param>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
    </init-param>
</servlet>

with:

<servlet>
    <init-param>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>input</param-name>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>output</param-name>
    </init-param>
</servlet>

4) Create $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/liferay-ds.xml with following content:

<datasources>
    <local-tx-datasource>
        <jndi-name>jdbc/LiferayPool</jndi-name>
        <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost/lportal?useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=UTF-8</connection-url>
        <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
        <user-name></user-name>
        <password></password>
        <min-pool-size>0</min-pool-size>
    </local-tx-datasource>
</datasources>

5) Go to $JBOSS_HOME/common/lib/, download mysql-connector-java-{$version}-bin.jar and copy to this directory. This is the JDBC driver for MySQL. If you are using a different database, copy the appropriate driver.

6) Download Liferay's Portal Dependencies. Unzip the downloaded archive into
$JBOSS_HOME/server/default/lib.

7) Set mail properties by replacing the contents of
$JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/mail-service.xml with:

<!--?xml version="1.0"?-->
<server>
    <mbean code="org.jboss.mail.MailService" name="jboss:service=MailSession">
        <attribute name="JNDIName">mail/MailSession</attribute>
        <attribute name="User">nobody</attribute>
        <attribute name="Password">password</attribute>
        <attribute name="Configuration">
        <configuration>
            <property name="mail.store.protocol" value="imap" />
            <property name="mail.transport.protocol" value="smtp" />
            <property name="mail.imap.host" value="localhost" />
            <property name="mail.pop3.host" value="localhost" />
            <property name="mail.smtp.host" value="localhost" />
        </configuration>
        </attribute>
    </mbean>
</server>

8) Configure JAAS. Edit $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/conf/login-config.xml and comment out the entire XML for policy other in lines 113-129.

<!--<application-policy name = "other">-->
   <!-- A simple server login module, which can be used when the number
   of users is relatively small. It uses two properties files:
   users.properties, which holds users (key) and their password (value).
   roles.properties, which holds users (key) and a comma-separated list of
   their roles (value).
   The unauthenticatedIdentity property defines the name of the principal
   that will be used when a null username and password are presented as is
   the case for an unuathenticated web client or MDB. If you want to
   allow such users to be authenticated add the property, e.g.,
   unauthenticatedIdentity="nobody"
   -->
   <!--<authentication>
      <login-module code = "org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule"
         flag = "required" />
   </authentication>
</application-policy>-->

9) Edit $JBOSS_HOME/bin/run.bat. Change the following:

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms128m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

with:

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms128m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Duser.timezone=GMT

10) Deploy liferay-portal-5.1.x.war.
- Create new directory $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/liferay-portal.war.
- Unzip liferay-portal-5.1.x.war to directory.
- Go into $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/liferay-portal-5.1.x.war/WEB-INF/lib.
- Delete dom4j.jar, jaxen.jar, commons-collections.jar, hibernate3.jar, jaxrpc.jar,
jmx-remote.jar, jmx-ri.jar, mx4j.jar, stax.jar, xercesImpl.jar, xml-apis.jar

11) Create $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/liferay-portal-5.1.2.war/WEB-INF/classes/portal-ext.properties file containing the following:

portal.ctx=/liferay

12) Edit $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/liferay-portal-5.1.2.war/WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml. Change the following:

<context-root>/</context-root>

with:

<context-root>/liferay</context-root>

13) Copy deploy/liferay-portal-5.1.2.war/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar#portal.properties to deploy/liferay-portal-5.1.2.war/WEB-INF/classes (so its in the same directory as portal-ext.properties)

14) Start JBoss. Open your browser to http://localhost:8080/liferay. You should see the
default Liferay home page.

Hi !

will it work on Lifery 6 .......?????

thanks !!

Where is it at?

Michael Young:
We'll be bundling JBoss 5 for Liferay 5.2. We just got the bundle going today.
thumbnail
Dave Curry, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 13 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.09.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
Almost 3,800 views on this thread (only half of them mine). Obviously, there's some interest in the Liferay 5.2.2/JBoss 5.0 bundle. Does anyone have an idea when it will be released?

RE: Liferay and JBoss 5.0

Just so everyone knows. I have had problems using jdk 1.6 with Liferay. I went back to jdk 1.5 and it seems to work much better.

Good Luck,
Dennis Przybyla