Fórumok

Unable to start server after 1.5 upgrade

fred herrmann, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Unable to start server after 1.5 upgrade

New Member Bejegyzések: 11 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.03.04. Legújabb bejegyzések
I recently upgraded my IDE from 1.2 to 1.3, 1.4, and finally 1.5. After the move from 1.4 to 1.5 I am unable to start my server and am getting the following error:
An internal error occurred during: "Starting Liferay v6.0 EE Server (Tomcat 6) at localhost".
org/osgi/framework/Version.compareTo(Lorg/osgi/framework/Version;)I

I had a tomcat 6 server already set up with LR 6.0 and have added a tomcat 7 server with LR 6.1 after the upgrade which gets the "same" error:
An internal error occurred during: "Starting Liferay v6.1 EE Server (Tomcat 7) at localhost".
org/osgi/framework/Version.compareTo(Lorg/osgi/framework/Version;)I

I have tried dropping both servers and recreating them and receive the same error. I also saw this post (http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/9698806) and tried adding the -clean option, but it had no effect. Since the -clean I have also dropped and recreated the servers but still no luck. Any ideas?

thanks!
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

RE: Unable to start server after 1.5 upgrade

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1123 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.02.16. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Fred,

Looks like in the 1.5 release some Eclipse 3.7.x only APIs slipped into that release. I will fix this in a future release. You have a few options you can do to resolve the issue:
  • Upgrade your Eclipse to Indigo (3.7.2)
  • Uninstall Liferay IDE and reinstall from Liferay IDE 1.4 archived update site (available on SF.net)
  • Wait for me to fix this issue in a 1.5.3 release that will be available in a few weeks

Sorry for the inconvenience.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1123 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.02.16. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hey Fred,

Can you tell me what version of Eclipse you are running? I just tried to reproduce your error with Eclipse Helios 3.6.2 and I don't see that error. Thanks.

When I go to Help=>About Eclipse all I see is

Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.
Version: Helios Service Release 2
Build id: 20110218-0911

I'm going to try upgrading to Indigo and see if that will get me going again.
thumbnail

I installed the latest Liferay IDE 1.5.2 into a new copy of Eclipse Helios 3.6.2 and was able to start the server OK (see screenshot). Can you look and see what version of the osgi bundle you have in your installation?

The upgrade on Friday morning hung at about the 35% mark so I had to cancel it. Because of deadlines I've rolled back my environment to 1.2 and will try the upgrade again again at a later date. Thanks for the help.
thumbnail
Suresh Nimmakayala, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 10 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.01.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
i had same problem everything working with prev server config 6.1ee liferay developer studio 1.4

i updated liferay developerstudio to 1.5.2

Greg i see same screen as above

An internal error occurred during: "Starting Liferay v6.1 EE Server (Tomcat 7) at localhost".
org.osgi.framework.Version.compareTo(Lorg/osgi/framework/Version;)I
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Suresh Nimmakayala:
i had same problem everything working with prev server config 6.1ee liferay developer studio 1.4

i updated liferay developerstudio to 1.5.2

Greg i see same screen as above

org.osgi.framework.Version.compareTo(Lorg/osgi/framework/Version;)I

You have a couple of options here. One is wait for the upcoming Liferay Developer Studio 1.5.3 update that will be made available in a few days. Or you can just download a new copy of Liferay Developer Studio 1.5.2 from the customer portal and open your existing workspace.