Fórumok

RE: deployment JEE Application with liferay

alen dumas, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

deployment JEE Application with liferay

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 41 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.03.12. Legújabb bejegyzések
hello,

I arrive to develop a code example in JEE (EJB3 and struts2) that generates a PDF report

but my problem now is how to deploy this application with liferay (6.0 or 6.1)

after searching in the doc of liferay I find that I have to use liferay with tomcat to deploy the web part of the application (struts2 ) and I have to use liferay with jboss to deploy EJB3 part of the application

and after I have to communicate the two part

anyone can help me do this deployment

best regards

alen
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 3089 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
You can invoke EJB from any web/app server (Tomcat, JBoss, Glassfish). So you can deploy liferay and your app in the same server that supports EJB (Jboss, Glassfish...)

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 41 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.03.12. Legújabb bejegyzések
thank you for your response

So like you said I can deploy all application (struts and EJB3) in the same server (Liferay with Jboss)

but honestly I want to know the steps to deploy my application in liferay with jboss

best regards
alen
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 3089 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
alen dumas:

So like you said I can deploy all application (struts and EJB3) in the same server (Liferay with Jboss)

but honestly I want to know the steps to deploy my application in liferay with jboss

best regards
alen

Many tutorials about how to deploy to each server. You can download Liferay with jboss bundle instead, and then deploy your JEE app there.

I try to generate a . EAR file (the total project:. war (part struts2) and. jar (Part EJB3))

and deployed this file (. EAR) to liferay-portal-jboss-6.0.0 \ liferay-portal-6.0.0 \ deploy

but I think I should make some changes in configuration file
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
You'll have to wrap your applications into a Liferay portlet project. Try using Liferay IDE to create a Liferay project and to import your projects.

but how to integrate this project (Struts 2 EJB3) in liferay
even when I use the IDE iferay

I created a liferay project with eclipse and I imorte my project JEE (EJB3 and struts2) but how to make the integration between the two ?
thumbnail

alen dumas:
but how to integrate this project (Struts 2 EJB3) in liferay
even when I use the IDE iferay

I created a liferay project with eclipse and I imorte my project JEE (EJB3 and struts2) but how to make the integration between the two ?

You'll have to re-develop using Liferay tecnhology (Service Builder, etc).

If you don't want to do this, just develop your EAR and then deploy. In your case yo'll have one WAR (Liferay) and one EAR (your EJemoticon. In that case EJB must be remote.
alen dumas, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

frankly I'm lost
I try to solved this problem with different way but I can't solve

I try to download and work with liferay 6.0.6 bundled with jboss

but when I tray to deploy my application (. jar and. war) in liferay and when I tray to click on a link that is made in the jsp web project that she even uses the EJB project to recover the user this error is displayed: protlet is not available

also I try to install liferay in jboss 5.1 6 by following this tutorial:

http://www.devatwork.nl/2010/01/setting-up-liferay-in-jboss-5-1/

but I can't test the application in liferay (same error)

also I try to deploy . war in lifery with tomcat 6 bundle with jboss and I deploy . jar in jboss 5.1 and of course working with @ remote

but may be it has more configuration to do

frankly I want to follow someone who has come up with succée
to deploy a JEE project with EJB3 (. jar and. war) in liferay 6.0.6 or 6.1

and if possible give me the steps to do

best regards
alen
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Just install JBoss and setup Liferay 6.0.6 and use Liferay IDE to develop.

The following page shows steps to install Liferay on JBoss. I use the same JBoss version as Liferay JBoss bundle. I'm setting up JBoss myself because
I really don't know what's being done with the bundled version and it's more of a trouble when there's an error and I have to find a cause.
http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/administration/-/ai/installing-liferay-for-an-enterpri-4

You're getting "Portlet is not available" error because there's a bug in your application. Error should be appearing in the error log. Just fix it.

Liferay IDE is just eclipse with a plugin. Just develop your EJB application as you'll do with normally.

Following wiki may help even though it's little outdated.

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Liferay+with+EJB3+and+JBoss,

I followed this document http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/administration/-/ai/installing-liferay-for-an-enterpri-4

and I download liferay portail 6.1.war and jboss 5.1
but when I run jboss with run.bat and making this url http://localhost:8080/ this interface is displayed

Manage this JBoss AS Instance

Administration Console
JMX Console
JBoss Web Console
Tomcat status (full) (XML)

JBoss AS Online Resources

JBoss AS Documentation
JBoss Wiki
JBoss AS JIRA
JBoss Forums
JBoss Mailing Lists

and if I click on

Administration Console

description Le serveur a rencontr� une erreur interne () qui l'a emp�ch� de satisfaire la requ�te.

exception

java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not create Component: org.jboss.seam.international.statusMessages
	org.jboss.seam.init.Initialization.addComponent(Initialization.java:1155)
	org.jboss.seam.init.Initialization.installComponents(Initialization.java:1071)
	org.jboss.seam.init.Initialization.init(Initialization.java:720)
	org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamListener.contextInitialized(SeamListener.java:34)
	org.jboss.on.embedded.LazyStartupListener.initialize(LazyStartupListener.java:182)
	org.jboss.on.embedded.LazyStartupListener.requestInitialized(LazyStartupListener.java:240)
	org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:190)
	org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:92)
	org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.process(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:126)
	org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.invoke(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:70)
	org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
	org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:158)
	org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:330)
	org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:829)
	org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:598)
	org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
	java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
cause m�re

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: [Lorg/hibernate/validator/InvalidValue;
	java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
	java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2427)
	java.lang.Class.privateGetPublicMethods(Class.java:2547)
	java.lang.Class.privateGetPublicMethods(Class.java:2563)
	java.lang.Class.getMethods(Class.java:1410)
	org.jboss.seam.Component.hasAnnotation(Component.java:1115)
	org.jboss.seam.Component.<init>(Component.java:218)
	org.jboss.seam.Component.<init>(Component.java:205)
	org.jboss.seam.init.Initialization.addComponent(Initialization.java:1139)
	org.jboss.seam.init.Initialization.installComponents(Initialization.java:1071)
	org.jboss.seam.init.Initialization.init(Initialization.java:720)
	org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamListener.contextInitialized(SeamListener.java:34)
	org.jboss.on.embedded.LazyStartupListener.initialize(LazyStartupListener.java:182)
	org.jboss.on.embedded.LazyStartupListener.requestInitialized(LazyStartupListener.java:240)
	org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:190)
	org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:92)
	org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.process(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:126)
	org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.invoke(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:70)
	org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
	org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:158)
	org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:330)
	org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:829)
	org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:598)
	org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
	java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)</init></init>

and if I did not remove hibernate-validator.jar from $ JBOSS_HOME / common / lib.

this error does not display

http://localhost:8080/ and she did not redirect to the homepage of liferay but in the administartion page of jboss
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Why do you deploy jar inside Liferay?

You should have two different apps. A WAR (Liferay) and an EAR (you remote EJemoticon. After that you can invoke your remote EJB (or webservices) from Liferay portlets.

Of course this server should be Java EE capable.

my problem is how to install liferay 6.0 in jboss

or if I have an application JEE (EJB3 and struts2) how to deploy this application in liferay

So I am obliged to work with jboss since it contains an EJB container

So either install liferay in jboss portal or to download liferay 6.0.6 bundle with jboss

if you have an experience of working under a JEE (contains EJB3 and web part with either struts2 or jsf) and if you use this application with Liferay Portal 6

can you give me the steps that you made ​​to integrate or deploy this application in liferay JEE
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

alen dumas:
my problem is how to install liferay 6.0 in jboss

or if I have an application JEE (EJB3 and struts2) how to deploy this application in liferay

So I am obliged to work with jboss since it contains an EJB container

So either install liferay in jboss portal or to download liferay 6.0.6 bundle with jboss

if you have an experience of working under a JEE (contains EJB3 and web part with either struts2 or jsf) and if you use this application with Liferay Portal 6

can you give me the steps that you made ​​to integrate or deploy this application in liferay JEE

I guess you should better read some Java EE tutorials :-D.

Liferay is a simple WAR, no more no less. It only has some .jar dependencies which have to be copied under web server/app server classpath. That's all!

As you should know, you can have WAR and EAR deployed separately (although a WAR can be inside an EAR). You can invoke EJB that are in the EAR from WAR classes too.

Sorry, I can repeat this more, but I will say exactly the same. You can use Liferay that comes with Jboss bundle, and use that Jboss server to deploy your things (EAR, etc).

Did I make something more clear for you?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14915 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Juan Gonzalez P:
Liferay is a simple WAR, no more no less. It only has some .jar dependencies which have to be copied under web server/app server classpath. That's all!

Well, that's not completely true, although it may be for Jboss... In Tomcat you have to tweak the config to use the lib/ext directory, for example.
mohamed othmani, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 7 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.05.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
alen i m having the same problem like , did you find the solution ? can you help me plz ?