Fórumok

Liferay production setup

Suman Kumar, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay production setup

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 34 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.10.21. Legújabb bejegyzések
hi,

I will like to understand that what setup do we follow for production environment for Liferay EE?

I do we use the Liferay with bundled tomcat? or do we deploy Liferay on tomcat?

Also can we bundle the Liferay application as installable product? if yes what consideration we should make?

with Regards
Suman kumar
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: Liferay production setup

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14914 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Suman Kumar:
I will like to understand that what setup do we follow for production environment for Liferay EE? I do we use the Liferay with bundled tomcat? or do we deploy Liferay on tomcat?

Depends upon your environment, what you already have (as far as application servers, etc). The tomcat bundle for EE will work, but you should review it for known security vulnerabilities and patch/upgrade as necessary.

Also can we bundle the Liferay application as installable product? if yes what consideration we should make?

If you're asking about reselling or bundling EE as a deployment of your own product, I don't think so, but this is something you'd have to take up w/ your sales rep.

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 34 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.10.21. Legújabb bejegyzések
Depends upon your environment, what you already have (as far as application servers, etc). The tomcat bundle for EE will work, but you should review it for known security vulnerabilities and patch/upgrade as necessary.?

I was loooking for recommendation as we have not started the setup for prod env yet.
But I will like to understand why I should review it for known security vulnerabilities and patch/upgrade as necessary? Is not when we buy EE it will be uptodate with these issue?

If you're asking about reselling or bundling EE as a deployment of your own product, I don't think so, but this is something you'd have to take up w/ your sales rep.

What I wanted to understand was, the custome portlets which we will developed can be installed as product or not? considering that the traget system has the Liferay EE env ready.

with Regards
Suman Kumar
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
I recommend not using the application bundle packages because there's actually no documentation on how to maintain the application server once installed.
By installing application server and then deploying Liferay, you'll know exactly how the application server were installed.

There were some user complaining about not being able to apply security patches nor version their application server using the bundled packages.

If you're planning to bundled your portlet with Liferay and reselling it, I think you'll need Liferay's OEM license. Another option is (1) to become Liferay partner
and sell Liferay EE license with your portlet to customers (2) to have your customer purchase Liferay EE and then install your portlet (3) use CE instead of EE.

Hi Hitoshi,

Thanks for the suggestion we will consider this while preparing the environment.

If you're planning to bundled your portlet with Liferay and reselling it, I think you'll need Liferay's OEM license. Another option is (1) to become Liferay partner
and sell Liferay EE license with your portlet to customers (2) to have your customer purchase Liferay EE and then install your portlet (3) use CE instead of EE.

For the above suggestion, the option 2 will work for us. But have one query please clarify,

If we deploy the custom portlet in customer environment ,
1. How do we take care of administrative configuration deployment for the portlets. Specially if we have to maintain it for multiple customers?
2. Do we need to do the administrative configuration after deployment? (For every customer saperatly)
3. Can we take advantage of LAR utility.

with Regards
Suman Kumar