Fórumok

moving images from 6.0.6 to 6.1ga1 fails

gordon daniels, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

moving images from 6.0.6 to 6.1ga1 fails

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 797 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.08.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
I have read the doc on how to upgrade and it always fails. I have given up on that. Is there a way to scp images from one server to another and have liferay detect them?

thanks
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: moving images from 6.0.6 to 6.1ga1 fails

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14914 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
I'm assuming you're testing the upgrade process using a copy of your 6.0 DB, right?

If so, you also need a copy of the 6.0 data directory.

Just as you tweak portal-ext.properties to point to the copy of the DB for the upgrade, you also need to point at the copy of the data directory for the upgrade.

No, it's not as simple as doing an scp between systems. The files may be stored locally on the filesystem, but the database will still have links to the old images, the indexing will not be correct, ...

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 797 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.08.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
thank you for your reply. I did all that you suggested, that is what the upgrade guide tells to do. It does not work. You will see other posts where others are having problems with docs and images on upgrade as well.

I was hoping to avoid having to re-upload the images but at this point it looks as if that is the way to proceed.

thanks
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Liferay support WebDAV. I found that to be easiest way to upload files to Liferay.

that is something I have not tried with liferay. Thanks for the suggestion.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14914 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Except that is only for uploading new images. If you have web content that already uses existing images in the 6.0 line, you have to get through the upgrade process to retain them.

There were problems w/ some of the earlier release candidates, but many of those (but not necessarily all) were fixed with the final GA.

Can you provide some examples of the errors you're encountering, or have you confirmed that they are the same that others have posted about?

I have already started uploading images. I've spent way too much time trying to do the upgrade. Right now I want to get the site back up. However, I will try again and post here the errors.

thank you for taking the time to respond.

David: here is the error message. I copied the data directory according to the upgrade document and pointed to it in my portal.ext-properties file.

ERROR [ImageProcessorImpl:181] com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.NoSuchFileException: /opt/marsh/data/document_library/10132/10157/3/1

I looked in that directory and there is no doc. However, this stops the server from starting. Any thoughts?
thumbnail

So was that file available in the original 6.0.6 doc library path?

Is it available in the directory before you start the 6.1 upgrade?

its an empty directory on 6.0. Don't know why. Does deleteing it solve problem?

David: I added an explicit path to image folder in portal.ext-properties. Those error messages went away. Now it gives this message:

ERROR [MainServlet:198] com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.upgrade.UpgradeException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table 'marshportal.IGFolder' doesn't exist

Is that the Image Gallery table? Any thoughts on how to fix? The server won't startup when it encounters that message.
thumbnail

gordon daniels:
its an empty directory on 6.0. Don't know why. Does deleteing it solve problem?

So that's really the source of the problem (for both doc lib and image gallery)...

Somehow the underlying folders/files were removed. Whether it was done within Liferay or by someone directly in the filesystem would be hard to guess, but basically the files/folders are gone. Liferay 6.0 will happily chug along though because, unless it is specifically accessed, 6.0 has no reason to validate that they're still there on the filesystem.

Then the 6.1 upgrade process starts. Since this does have an upgrade for the tables used, the upgrade process is now going through and verifying that all of the data in the tables match what is supposed to be in the filesystem. Not finding what should be there, it starts throwing exceptions.

Many people call it a bug, but I have a different perspective. To me the upgrade process is reporting an inconsistency between the database and the filesystem and, in a production environment, I would want to be able to address the inconsistency before anything else happens. But that's my own opinion, and I think it was shared by Liferay for the first GA release.

The next GA release is supposed to be coming out at the end of the month that is supposed to allow the upgrade to continue when these kinds of inconsistencies are encountered.

thank you for the detailed response. So, basically I am out of luck on upgrade until new release?

I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.
thumbnail

Based upon forum threads, I think many of the upgrade issues are to be resolved with the next release, but YMMV. It's due out towards the end of the month, so it might be easier to wait rather than pull your hair out... emoticon

thanks.
Heinz Lätsch, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzés: 1 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.12.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
If you are facing Image Gallery upgrade problems, it might be caused by the size of your image files. If you changed the max dimensions of your images on 6.0 than you probably need to set the dl.file.max.size=3072000 to a value which fits to your images.

Heinz: thanks for the reply. That's not the problem but I appreciate the info. I didn't know about the max limits emoticon

thanks
thumbnail
Willem Vermeer, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 32 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.03.30. Legújabb bejegyzések
Does this means that its scheduled release date of Friday April 20th will not be met?
Thanks,
Willem
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 3089 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
Why it wouldn't meet? It should be out AFAIK.
thumbnail
Willem Vermeer, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 32 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.03.30. Legújabb bejegyzések
I have high hopes that the 6.1.1 CE GA2 release will fix the problems we're currently experiencing when upgrading from 6.0.5 to 6.1.0 CE. In this thread it is stated that the next release is to be expected towards the end of this month. The due date of the release is Friday April 20th according to:
http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS/fixforversion/11326#atl_token=AIHS-9O28-DDC7-7908|280318a3df98715713d3894e1841e8eaadcd43bb|lout&selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aversion-summary-panel
I'd like to know when I can expect to be able to download an official 6.1.1. CE GA2.
Maybe it's just me, reading too much into comments posted by a Liferay Legend who is not a Liferay Staff Employee.
Thanks,
Willem
thumbnail
James Falkner, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1399 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.09.17. Legújabb bejegyzések
Willem Vermeer:
I have high hopes that the 6.1.1 CE GA2 release will fix the problems we're currently experiencing when upgrading from 6.0.5 to 6.1.0 CE. In this thread it is stated that the next release is to be expected towards the end of this month. The due date of the release is Friday April 20th according to:
http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS/fixforversion/11326#atl_token=AIHS-9O28-DDC7-7908|280318a3df98715713d3894e1841e8eaadcd43bb|lout&selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aversion-summary-panel
I'd like to know when I can expect to be able to download an official 6.1.1. CE GA2.
Maybe it's just me, reading too much into comments posted by a Liferay Legend who is not a Liferay Staff Employee.
Thanks,
Willem

The original date was April 20, but we are pushing back 2 weeks to deal with some last minute issues, so expect CE GA2 on May 4th. There are some exciting and complex cross-dependencies between Portal, Social Office 2, and Marketplace, all expected within 2 weeks of each other.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 3089 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
James Falkner:

The original date was April 20, but we are pushing back 2 weeks to deal with some last minute issues, so expect CE GA2 on May 4th. There are some exciting and complex cross-dependencies between Portal, Social Office 2, and Marketplace, all expected within 2 weeks of each other.

Ouch! Can someone update release date in JIRA? BTW, this would be a chance to solve some more issues for 6.1.1(for example, when upgrading).
thumbnail

Ups! Seems release date is now May 11.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Liferay just moved back the release date of Liferay 6.1.1 GA2 to May 11.

http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.ext.calendar%3Aissuecalendar-panel

FYI, James, who gave the 20th +/- date is a Liferay staff. With development distributed around the globe, it probably is difficult to not get delayed unless there is a strong schedule planning and review. I personally don't delay projects unless I get further funding ,but from what I've been seeing, release date tends to get delayed often here probably because they're not getting paid by customer by hours like most of us. Anyways, my customers don't want software with bugs OOTB so I'm using the most stable release which I've patched up - for us, it's not whether you can fix a bug or not, it's more about whether there is a bug or not.

Hope the delay is because of bug fixes and isn't because of adding addition features.

I personally don't think upgrade issues can be fully resolved. If it has, Liferay.com probably would have been upgraded already. emoticon

Sorry, have to go. Just got back last Saturday from a business trip, but have to setup a pre-sales demo for tomorrow and another for a day after. Kind of busy this week again. :-)
thumbnail
Sunil Rai, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 57 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.01.31. Legújabb bejegyzések
Any update on the release date of Liferay 6.1.1 GA2 ?
thumbnail
Antônio Junior, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 63 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.07.05. Legújabb bejegyzések
http://www.liferay.com/web/james.falkner/blog/-/blogs/14850038