Fórumok

can i change it's language in hindi..

sumit kumar, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 15 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.09.30. Legújabb bejegyzések
hello i am sumit..

actually i am making a portal .and i want to change the content of portal in one more language that is hindi( INDIAN LANGUAGE ).

so anyone can tell me ,can i change the content in hindi language.

please help me out...[/b
]
thumbnail
Michael Saechang, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

moved thread.

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 576 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.11.19. Legújabb bejegyzések
moved thread to Development. Please post in the appropriate categories. Please refer to the Forum Guidelines.

Forum Guidelines and FAQ - *Read before posting*

-mike
thumbnail
Tobias Amon, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

RE: can i change it's language in hindi..

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 546 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.08.08. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

you can specify additional languages in portal.properties . It is located in WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar . You can create a new file called portal-ext.properties which overrides the values from the one in the jar. You only have to specify the values you like to change. Put that file in WEB-INF/classes... that's it.

The key you want to use is "locales". Add your locale.

Now you can add a file called "Language-ext_<LOCALE>.properties" to "WEB-INF/classes/content" where you translate all the keys from the english file.

kind regards
Tobias
shailendra singh, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 9 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.06. Legújabb bejegyzések
i want to create Language-ext_hi_IN.properties file and native.properties file for hindi language(country:india).
Can anyone tell me how to create the above mentioned properties file or any tool through which i can get these files.
currently in language portal i have got hindi language option but it is not translating the content and site links.
thumbnail
Mahipalsinh Rana, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 4 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.07.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
To create hindi Language property file.
1) You need to copy english Langauge.properties to Language-ext_hi_IN.properties.native
2) Translate each property value or property values you plan to use in your portal in Hindi.
3) To translate you can use editor which are UTF-8 compatible (Netbeans , TextPad)
4) Also you can take help of Google Language tools which supports english to hindi conversion (please verify quality)
5) Once your file is translated you need to run native2ascii on that file to convert it to UTF-8

native2ascii -encoding UTF-8 Language-ext_hi_IN.properties.native Language-ext_hi_IN.properties

6) Copy Language-ext_hi_IN.properties file to WEB-INF/classes folder of Portal to get it in classpath.

To Access Portal in Hindi,

I suppose you have done changes required in portal-ext.properties to add "hi_IN" language support.

Login as test/test
Change use Language to hi_IN from Language drop box. Save.
shailendra singh, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 9 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.06. Legújabb bejegyzések
thanks for your valuable reply..
thumbnail
auditya manikanta vadrevu, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 621 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.05.06. Legújabb bejegyzések
hi shailender singh,

i have successfully changed the language of portal to hindi.

Language_hi_IN.properties can be built by running native2ascii.exe on Language_hi_IN.properties.native file. I have translated some of the properties only. Actually it consists of above 4000 lines. How u translated the whole 4000 lines, did u done it ( by manually ) line by line tranlsating with google translator. Is there any other option where we can get whole file gets changed automatically. If u have done translated all the 4000 lines please attach the file , it will be very help full , upto now i have changed around 1000 lines
thumbnail
Manish Kumar Gupta, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 535 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.05.16. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Auditya/Shailender/Sumit,

I would encourage you guys to contribute your hindi translation to Liferay community.
Is anybody interested to be part of Liferay translation team?

Thanks
Manish Gupta
Liferay, India
thumbnail
Auditya manikanta Vadrevu, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 621 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.05.06. Legújabb bejegyzések
hi,

I would encourage you guys to contribute your hindi translation to Liferay community.

i had translated a few lines. It might help you.
thumbnail
Manish Kumar Gupta, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 535 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.05.16. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Auditya,

Thanks for your response and contribution. I will take it forward. May I know, this translation is for which Liferay release?

Manish.
thumbnail
Auditya manikanta Vadrevu, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

its for version 5.1.1

HI Mahipal

can you please explore more about
your reply....that is

thumbnail

Sorry , I could not able to understand your concern/question. Could you please elaborate. What you want to me explore.

Hi Mahipal

Actually i want to made a portal for indian native language (HINDI).

so i want to change it's english content in hindi..

welcome to swagtam or like that..

if you geting my problem please reply me soon...
thumbnail

I suppose you are clear that you need to translate but not sure how to do it?

- First you should know what is translation in hindi of english property (as you told welcome = swagatam)
- Now how to convert swagatam to स्वागतम for that use some Hindi editory (Google is your friend)
- One I found is : http://utopianvision.co.uk/hindi/write/ ,

If you dont know translation from english to hindi then you can use online machine translation tool (Google Translate - http://translate.google.co.in).

If you have plan to make it your portal commercial then IMO ,you should get it translated through professional translators.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------
Think out of the double Box...
Ayush Mittal, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzés: 1 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.07.19. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

I have followed your valuable points for Hindi Portal and achived the sucess.

I am facing a problem in javascripts messages (popups'). I am geeting some junk character's in javascript popup's. Not getting proper hindi font messages in javascript being I have converted whole "liferay-ext_hi_IN.properties" file in hindi font through Google translator.

Please suggest me for solution

Thanks,
thumbnail

Hi,

to fetch localized message in java script you need use UnicodeLanguageUtil class , LanguageUtil class might give you corrupted data.

UnicodeLanguageUtil Class

* Use this class in Java Script in JSP pages
* UnicodeLanguageUtil has similar method singature as found in LanguageUtil class.
* ex. function copyFromLive() {

if (confirm('<%= UnicodeLanguageUtil.get(pageContext, "are-you-sure-you-want-to-copy-from-live-and-overwrite-the-existing-staging-configuration") %>')) { document. fm. <%= Constants.CMD %>.value = "copy_from_live"; submitForm(document. fm); } }

* Alerts in JSP
* ex2.
" method="post" name=" fm" onSubmit="alert('<%= UnicodeLanguageUtil.get(pageContext, "please-be-patient") %>'); submitForm(this); return false;">

More details on various way of I18n/L10n in liferay , you can refer to my blog

http://www.liferay.com/web/mahipal/blog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS : I will be on vacation for next couple of weeks from tomorrow.

Think out of the double box.
Arun Kumar Purohit, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.11.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
Sumit,
I also need the answer for same question u have asked.
if u get the answer please let me know.