Fórumok

definite working versions for Liferay and Alfresco support

Brian Cohen, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

definite working versions for Liferay and Alfresco support

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 25 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.05.04. Legújabb bejegyzések
All the google searching and skimming the forums has me confused on which versions of both Liferay and Alfresco are working in terms of having the Alfresco portlets properly deployed in Liferay.

Are the latest versions of each working at all (Liferay 6.1 and Alfresco 4.0)? If not, how far back for each do I have to go? And can I get the older Community editions?

Thanks,

-Brian
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: definite working versions for Liferay and Alfresco support

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
There's differing ways to integrate Liferay and Alfresco. Newer releases uses cmis api specification.
http://www.liferay.com/zh/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/CMIS+Repository+Configuration+with+Alfresco+4.0

Older releases use portlets as you've described. I think there were several ways to do this and described in Packt book on Alfresco.
I think the definite working version of Alfresco portlet was liferay 5.2.3.

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 25 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.05.04. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thanks Hitoshi, I actually just saw, and am beginning the understand, the CMIS 1.0 way to get them working. I think I will be attempting the latest Liferay 6.1 community release with Alfesco Community 3.4E, since it appears Alfresco 4.0 needs at least PostgresDB 9.x, and I have 8.4.9, and Liferay 6.1 does not support PostgresDB 9.x!

Do you know of limitations with this method? Meaning, can I upload, version control, lock, etc., vis the CMIS method?

-Brian

Also, what gets me more features with the Alfresco repository, the CMIS method or older portlet integration.
Meaning, can I upload with both, workflows, versioning?