Fórumok

suggestion regarding using type of portlet in liferay

JITENDRA PANIGRAHY, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

suggestion regarding using type of portlet in liferay

New Member Bejegyzések: 17 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.04.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

I am using LIferay CE 6.1. We need to implement some new functionality(s) using portlets, with below objectives.
-get rid of tightly coupling with liferay (may need to migrate to different portal server)
-more scallable and easily extensible.
We have ambiguity in selecting either Spring portlet or Liferay MVC portlet or Generic Portlet for our implementations.
Any kind of architectural suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
Paul ., módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: suggestion regarding using type of portlet in liferay

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 522 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.08.29. Legújabb bejegyzések
I am not the expert, though this is what I have experienced.
If you need absolute control / flexibility then go for Spring MVC Portlet based architecture (here you'll be able to leverage liferay's existing implementation / utils etc.
Or else go with Liferay's MVC which will be the fastest to build.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
t rid of tightly coupling with liferay (may need to migrate to different portal server)

If this is one of your requirements, I think you know which one to select.

Great Paul. Thanks for your input.
Again, coming to spring mvc portlet, some blog says, it is problematic using Spring MVC together with Service Builder. Good to have any view on it.
Hitoshi, thanks for your response. I wanted to understand advantages/limitations of each one before selection. You can share us if you have any thing additional.
thumbnail
Paul ., módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 522 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.08.29. Legújabb bejegyzések
You can keep your portlet implementation on Spring MVC , and use the service builder for the database related stuff (generating services, sql etc). These services can be used inside your spring based portlet. I think you should be able to achieve this. I haven't done this myself, but would be interested in knowing your findings and provide any help.
So keep posting !
Subhash Shah, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 78 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.11.30. Legújabb bejegyzések
JITENDRA PANIGRAHY:

Again, coming to spring mvc portlet, some blog says, it is problematic using Spring MVC together with Service Builder. Good to have any view on it.

Hi Jitendra,

I have used liferay service builder with spring in my recent development and it works just fine. If there are any specific issues you have heard of using service builder with spring, I may help you.

Thanks to all of you. I would be sharing my finding if any.