Fórumok

Liferay with Glassfish Full Profile

Andreas S, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay with Glassfish Full Profile

New Member Bejegyzések: 20 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.10.26. Legújabb bejegyzések
I have a little problem. The Glassfish that comes with Liferay is only web profile so I can't deploy my EAR with webservices.

Do you see any problem with using two different glassfish domain instances on the same host (different ports)? One only for webservices/EAR and one only for Liferay portal. For example, if something happens with Liferay which causes the server to go down my webservices will also be offline and they're used by other applications in addition to Liferay. Or it it bad practice to do this?

Or is it better if I try to find a way to make Liferay and EAR deployment work together in one glassfish?

Thank you.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: Liferay with Glassfish Full Profile

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 3089 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
Andreas S:
I have a little problem. The Glassfish that comes with Liferay is only web profile so I can't deploy my EAR with webservices.

Do you see any problem with using two different glassfish domain instances on the same host (different ports)? One only for webservices/EAR and one only for Liferay portal. For example, if something happens with Liferay which causes the server to go down my webservices will also be offline and they're used by other applications in addition to Liferay. Or it it bad practice to do this?

Or is it better if I try to find a way to make Liferay and EAR deployment work together in one glassfish?

Thank you.

What problem do you have in deploying Liferay and your EAR in the same glassfish?

You can deploy Liferay WAR in your Full EE Glassfish profile, you don't have to use bundled one. Only thing here is to place shared libs in glassfish classpath dir (<GLASSFISH>domains/domain1/lib and that's all.

I get this problem when trying to deploy Liferay on an already existing Glassfish: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8078307/errors-when-deploying-liferay-6-0-6-on-glassfish-3-1-1

And as I wrote before the Liferay + Glassfish bundle from Liferay only comes with web profile Glassfish.

So I was wondering if I could use two glassfishes on the same host on different ports. One with my webservices where I could keep the Glassfish up-to-date and another one with liferay. But maybe it's bad practice to use two.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 3089 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
Yep I agree it's a bad practice.

About your error, seems you've deployed liferay in other contextPath different to root ("/"). You should deploy in that context path by default, if you wanna change yo'll have to change some other things.
thumbnail

Remember to put the shared libs (portlet.jar, portal-service.jar and hsql.jar) in glassfish classpath (<GLASSFISH>/lib ).

Thanks, I'm gonna try it again with Liferay 6.1 and Glassfish 3.1.1.

"Note, on GlassFish 3.0.1, you will need to extract commons-codec.jar from the Liferay Portal WAR file, rename it to commons-codec-repackaged.jar, and copy it into [Liferay Home]/glassfish/modules/, overwriting GlassFish's version of the file."

Do I need to do this for Glassfish 3.1.1?
thumbnail

Guess it isn't mandatory. Test with your current config and then we'll see emoticon.

Thanks for all your help, it worked!

I think the user guide has additional instructions now that weren't there before (like the patch stuff).
thumbnail

Glad it worked. Please mark the correct answer as answer for this post so others can see it quickly.