Fórumok

Exporting/Importing a lar file

Billy Vidar, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Exporting/Importing a lar file

New Member Bejegyzések: 8 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.03.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi all,

I am new to liferay. I want to export/import page(s) while keeping the permissions and the organizations/communites or user groups it belong(s).
It has to recreate the organizations/communities or user groups where the page(s) belong(s).

Are these possible? If not, is there any way I can achieve these behaviour?

Thanks!
thumbnail
jaid shaik, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: Exporting/Importing a lar file

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 171 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.10.08. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi billy vidar,

you can check this link
thumbnail
Apoorva Prakash, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 658 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.06.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
Billy Vidar:
Hi all,

I am new to liferay. I want to export/import page(s) while keeping the permissions and the organizations/communites or user groups it belong(s).
It has to recreate the organizations/communities or user groups where the page(s) belong(s).

Are these possible? If not, is there any way I can achieve these behaviour?

Thanks!

Hi Vidar,

In Liferay, you can export the existing page data to a different Liferay ARchive (LAR) file that can be published in another portal community. You can also import data from another community portal page and publish in Liferay. This section explains how to export and import data in Liferay.

To export and import pages:
  • In the Manage Pages page, click the Export/Import tab.
  • In the Export tab, enter the LAR file name to which the selected data to be exported.
  • Select the check boxes to mention which data you want to export.
  • Click Export.
  • Click the Import tab to import portal pages from another community.
  • Note - It is recommended that you import portal pages from another community since importing the portal pages from within the target community can cause conflicts.

Hope this will help.

Thanks and Regards,
Apoorva Prakash

Ref: Managing End User Pages
thumbnail
jaid shaik, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 171 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.10.08. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi apoorva,

I tried export, import option its done sucessfully, But Here I faced 1 problem,

Organizations,custom roles,usergroups are not exporting for this we have to check any options?

Thanks
Jaid.Shaik
Billy Vidar, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 8 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.03.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Apoorva,

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking for a way that when you export the pages to a LAR file, it saves the organizations and user groups that owns the pages so that when I import the pages to another site, the organizations and user groups are automatically recreated. I don't know if this is possible in liferay.

Any idea on how to do this?

Regards,
Billy Vidar
thumbnail
Apoorva Prakash, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 658 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.06.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello Jaid and Billy,

It is not possible to export organization and communities. You have to create community or organization and then you have to import public and private pages respectively.

Hope this will help,
Thanks and Regards,
Apoorva Prakash
Srilalitha Pusuluri, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 11 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.02.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Apoorva ,

I have a similar issue. I have created a community , then have like 10 pages. I also have 5 teams in the community. Here is my scenario.

Only team-1 has permission to view pages 2 and 1
Only team-2 has permission to view pages 3 and 4
Only team-3 has permission to view pages 5 and 6
Only team-4 has permission to view pages 7 and 8
Only team-5 has permission to view pages 9 and 10

When I export the lar and import it the community is created correctly and the teams are created too. But the permissions on the pages are not set.
I am checking the option permissions and them permissions assigned to teams.

I did inspected the Lar only has the portlet permissions not layout level permissions. Team information only has the name not the action key. Am I missing something here?

NOTE I am using liferay 6.1 GA1.
thumbnail
Hajri Mohamed, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 71 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.03.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
hi, i m facing the same problem with Liferay 6.1.1, have you found any work around for this ?
pathmanathan sujeeve, módosítva 6 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2018.03.05. Legújabb bejegyzések
I'm using liferay 7. I'm testing on user export and import functionality in liferay. I can't see any users after importing .lar file which is exported from the same environment. I did following steps,

1. create a user and assigned with user-group, to organization and role.
2. exported users as lar life. eg: Users_Admin-201804190958.portlet.lar
3. In my local system I have deleted the user and import the lar file

Now I can't see even in inactive users.

Thanks for replying
thumbnail
Jorge Díaz, módosítva 6 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 753 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.01.09. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi pathmanathan sujeeve,

Users are not exported or imported to LAR file, only user-group, organizations and roles are exported.

Have a look to following thread: https://web.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/97286543

There, you have some workarounds that can also work in Liferay 7
Dayanand Tiwari, módosítva 5 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 91 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2017.05.25. Legújabb bejegyzések

Hi Liferay experts,

Can we export a LAR from Liferay -7 bundled with tomcat portal and import it into Liferay-7 bundled with Wildifly?

thumbnail
Jorge Díaz, módosítva 5 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 753 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.01.09. Legújabb bejegyzések

Yes, there is no problem exporting/importing between two Liferays in different application servers.

But it is important both origin and destination Liferay installation have the same community GA version (or fixpack level for enterprise versions)

If version/fixpack is not exactly the same, you can have unexpected problems.

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 91 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2017.05.25. Legújabb bejegyzések

Basically schenario is my current Liferay version is liferay-ce-portal-tomcat-7.0-ga5

but the wildfly has been released with liferay-ce-portal-wildfly-7.1.XX

so obviously the version will be different.

If I upgrade the current version (liferay-ce-portal-tomcat-7.0-ga5) to Portal CE 7.1.1 GA2 and then import the LAR into wildfly same version.

But do we have the option to upgrade the Liferay version in different GA's also?

thumbnail

Hi Dayanand Tiwari,

Inside 7.0 or 7.1, you can upgrade from any GA version to any other GA version.

Regards,

Jorge

Thanks Jorge.

Intention is to move the Liferay tomcat bundle to wildfly bundle but there is difference in versions as wildfly has been released in 7.1.1 ga1,ga2 etc while my current version for Liferay is 7.0.1 ga5.

Could you please chare any document/website to refer to achive the same.

thumbnail

Here you can download Liferay 7.0GA5 with wildfly bundle: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lportal/files/Liferay%20Portal/7.0.4%20GA5/

Here you have information about how to install Liferay in wildfly manually, without using bundle: https://dev.liferay.com/es/discover/deployment/-/knowledge_base/7-0/installing-liferay-on-wildfly-10

If you want only move a existing Liferay 7.0GA5 in Tomcat to a Wildfly without changing Liferay version, you don't need to export/import LAR files, you have to do following steps:

1. Create a copy of the database you are using in Tomcat installation
  2. Configure Liferay in Wildfly installation, to connect to the database copy
  3. Copy data/document_library from Tomcat installation to Wildfly installation
  4. Start you wildfly instalation and check everything is ok

Regards,

Jorge Díaz

Thank you so much Jorge. It's really helpful.