Fórumok

Deploy ext-Plugin for second time

thumbnail
Cesar Ingaruca, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Deploy ext-Plugin for second time

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 143 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.08.12. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi everybody,
i have the last version of liferay 6.1 and i have any problems using Liferay IDE and SDK.

I have created my ext-plugin with Liferay IDE and i do my changes.
Then, i select the deploy function of the IDE and it's ok the first time, when i reboot LR mi changes have done.
But when i do another changes and i want to deploy for second time, it doesn't work. My changes aren't shown.

Do you know why? ext plugin is used just for one change?...

I'll wait your response... thank you emoticon
thumbnail
Amit Doshi, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: Deploy ext-Plugin for second time

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 550 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.12.29. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Cesar,

I got your point. I am currently facing the same problem in liferay 6.1

In liferay 6.0.6 version there is a patch called ext-redeploy-6.0.5.jar file but that is not working with liferay 6.1.

Because once we put jar in $tomcat_home/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/ and deploy the war file, it will ask you for rebooting the server and your changes get reflected in liferay 6.0.6.

That is not happening for liferay 6.1 now.

So what I do generally to reflect the EXT changes.

Follow the steps as mentioned in the below link :-

Start from the 3rd steps.

http://liferaytrends.blogspot.in/2012/05/deploying-ext-in-liferay-6.html

Hope it works.

Regards,
Amit Doshi
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
It's only possible to apply ext plugin once. This is liferay's specification and is not the limitation with the IDE.
You'll have to clean out the previous ext plugin before you can apply the modified ext plugin.
thumbnail
Amit Doshi, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 550 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.12.29. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hitoshi:-

Is there any patch available for Liferay 6.1 same as ext-redeploy-6.0.5.jar which was available for liferay 6.0+ version?.Which will allow us to deploy EXT plugins multiple times rather than cleaning every time.
Oliver Bayer, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 894 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.02.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Amit,

please refer to the following wiki on how to undeploy an ext-plugin. AFAIK there is no fix for that because as Hitoshi said it's the correct way how it's done. If you're using the eclipse ide you only have to restart the server to get your changes applied. If you want to redeploy to a server the easiest solution is to build a war file with eclipse and then copy and override the files manually (so you don't have to undeploy them first).

HTH Oli
thumbnail
Apoorva Prakash, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 658 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.06.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi All,

I hope you may find this link useful.

Hope this will help,
Thanks and Regards,
Apoorva Prakash
thumbnail
Cesar Ingaruca, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 143 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.08.12. Legújabb bejegyzések
Oh Thanks!!! i will check the links!!
Abhijeet Naukharkar, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 70 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2015.03.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thanks Apoorva,
I facing this issue from 2 - 3 days. Your article is helpful for me.
thumbnail
Apoorva Prakash, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 658 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.06.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thanks Abhijeet.