Fórumok

Exporting Users

Michele Giacobazzi, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Exporting Users

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 40 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.09.09. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi. I've tried in different ways to update from 6.0.6 to 6.1.0, but I couldn't complete the upgrade. Some error in the procedure always stopped me, so i gave up emoticon.

I can reconstruct the site structure and content without much trouble, but I'd need a way to export users from my existing 6.0.6 portal to the new 6.1.0 one.

Any help for doing that?
thumbnail
Julio Varela Gómez, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: Exporting Users

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 130 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.01.14. Legújabb bejegyzések
I have migrated to version 5.2.3 - 6.0.6 - 6.1. What problem have you had?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14919 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Probably the same errors that others have had with missing images and documents.

OP should wait for the next release of Liferay 6.1 that is supposed to address many of the upgrade issues before doing all of the rework...
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
should wait for the next release of Liferay 6.1 that is supposed to address many of the upgrade issues before doing all of the rework...

I've been recommending the same thing but after many delays, I'm being to think that it may require another 10 years until it becomes available. emoticon
Liferay.com has a very serious scheduling problem.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14919 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Well, the argument could be made that many folks thought GA1 was under-cooked before it released and they're trying to thoroughly bake GA2 before throwing it out there...

As long as they're trying to make it as solid as it can be, I'm not ready to fault them for the slippages. I've missed a deadline or two in my time, but it was usually to deliver a stable release...
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
I'm not ready to fault them for the slippages.

Well, they're the ones who's releasing the schedule. If it's just once, it's their fault. If it's twice, it's our fault. If it's thrice, it's my fault.
They've changed the release date more than thrice. Now, it's my fault for taking them seriously that it would be out soon. I'm not going
to ruin my trust by promoting some untrustworthy information. Well, what you say is up to you though.
thumbnail

I've made a sample program to export/import users using web services. You may need to modify the code little bit to make it work in your environment.

http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Web+Service+samples