Fórumok

Connection timeout when connecting from Company Network

Drew Todd, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Connection timeout when connecting from Company Network

New Member Bejegyzések: 7 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.06.17. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi All,

I've installed Liferay Sync on my PC in order to connect to a Liferay 6.1 Portal. The Portal I'm connecting to is on a Server that is outside of my corporate network.

When I attempt to connect Liferay Sync to the portal using a regular internet connection, I can connect successfully and sync. However when I try to connect when connected to my corporate network, I get an error "Connect to {server address} timed out

I'm guessing this is some sort of blocking that my corporate network is enforcing, has anyone had any similar experiences with this, or can advise what ports / services Liferay Sync needs to have access to?

Thanks

Drew
thumbnail
Dennis Ju, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: Connection timeout when connecting from Company Network

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 228 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.09.30. Legújabb bejegyzések
Are you behind a proxy by any chance? If so, what kind? (HTTP authenticated/unauthenticated, SOCKS, etc).

If you're able to view the portal through a web browser on your company network Liferay Sync should work fine as well (assuming your browser isn't configured to use a proxy).

Hi Dennis

Yes I am using a proxy.

Cheers

Drew
thumbnail
Manish Yadav, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Expert Bejegyzések: 493 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.05.26. Legújabb bejegyzések
This is might be due to your Company Network firewall problem. your company network blocking that URL which you are trying to access. so you need to add that URL in firewall exception window.
thumbnail
Dennis Ju, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 228 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.09.30. Legújabb bejegyzések
Is it an authenticated or unauthenticated proxy (do you have to enter a username/password for the proxy?). And are you using Windows or Mac OS X?

Try setting the Java system-wide proxy settings in Control Panel for Windows or System Preferences for OS X. There should be a section for "Network Settings" where you can explicitly enter your proxy settings. Let us know if that works for you.

It's an authenticated proxy requiring my domain login credentials.

I'm running windows 7.

Have tried entering proxy settings in the Control Panel / Java settings but this still doesn't work - getting same timeout error.

I tried putting the proxy server details in directly, as well as using the automatic configuration script

Any other advice? emoticon
thumbnail

verify that are you able to ping that url or not using command prompt

>ping <siteIp or domain name>
Gail Hernandez, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

thumbnail

Drew Todd:

When I attempt to connect Liferay Sync to the portal using a regular internet connection, I can connect successfully and sync. However when I try to connect when connected to my corporate network, I get an error "Connect to {server address} timed out

I also faced same issue in my company network.we are trying to connect amazon server EC2 using sync but getting connection time out error after exploring that issue we come to know that its because of company network firewall blocking that server url. After adding that url in Firewall execption window its working fine.
That's why i suggested try to ping server ip from your machine. if you are getting connection timeout message then might be its due to your company network firewall

If I ping when connected to my Corporate Network, I get Destination Host unreachable or Request Timed Out.

If I ping when using a standard internet connection, I can succesfully ping

Looks like it's a company firewall issue, but just need to know if there is anything in particular that Liferay Sync needs access to via your network, or if it's just a simple matter of adding an exception?
thumbnail

Drew Todd:

Looks like it's a company firewall issue, but just need to know if there is anything in particular that Liferay Sync needs access to via your network, or if it's just a simple matter of adding an exception?

I am not sure why firewall blocking that URL and which port number sync trying to access for downloading and uploading files. Might be Gail can give lights on this .But if you add your URL in firewall exceptions then firewall allow sync to connect that URL