Fórumok

Allow a user to assign members to an organization

Thomas Kellerer, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Allow a user to assign members to an organization

Expert Bejegyzések: 490 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.06.09. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello,

we created a role "UserAdmin" to allow specific users to manage other users, especially assign them (or remove them from) organizations.

So we assigned that role the following privileges:

Resource Set                    Resource                        Action                          Scope
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Communities                     Community                       Assign Members                  Portal
Communities                     Community                       Assign User Roles               Portal
General                                                         Add Organization                Portal
General                                                         Add User                        Portal
Organizations                                                   Access in Control Panel         Portal
Organizations                                                   Configuration                   Portal
Organizations                                                   View                            Portal
Organizations                   Organization                    Assign Members                  Portal
Organizations                   Organization                    Assign User Roles               Portal
Organizations                   Organization                    Delete                          Portal
Organizations                   Organization                    Manage Pages                    Portal
Organizations                   Organization                    Manage Teams                    Portal
Organizations                   Organization                    Manage Users                    Portal
Organizations                   Organization                    Permissions                     Portal
Organizations                   Organization                    Update                          Portal
Organizations                   Organization                    View                            Portal
Roles                                                           Access in Control Panel         Portal
Roles                                                           View                            Portal
Roles                           Role                            Assign Members                  Portal
Roles                           Role                            View                            Portal
Users                                                           Access in Control Panel         Portal
Users                                                           Configuration                   Portal
Users                                                           View                            Portal
Users                           User                            Delete                          Portal
Users                           User                            Permissions                     Portal
Users                           User                            Update                          Portal
Users                           User                            View                            Portal

When such an UserAdmin opens another user in the control panel and that user (beeing edited) is not yet assigned to an organization, all available organizations can be selected.

However if a user is already assigned to an Organization the UserAdmin cannot add more organizations. In the search dialog that appears after clicking the "Select" link, only the currently assigned organization is shown.

When going through the Organization portlet, "Assign members" only shows a very small subset of all users. We have not yet found out what logic is behind that selection.

I have already updated the search index (through "Server Administration -> Reindex all search indexes. ") but to no avail.

We are using Liferay 6.0.6

What am I missing?

Regards
Thomas

RE: Allow a user to assign members to an organization

Does anyone have an idea for this?
Or is this simply broken in 6.0.6?

After digging through the source code I found a system setting that controls this behaviour:

After setting:
organizations.assignment.strict=false

I can see all users (including those that are not assigned to "my" organization) when using "Assign members" in the organization portlet.

Unfortunately this does not fix the behaviour in the user profile. I can still only select "my" organization (the one that the current user is assigned to). Looking at the JSPs and the portlet seems that there is no fix for this (other than patching the source code).
Pedro Almeida, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 41 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.07.30. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thomas Kellerer:
After digging through the source code I found a system setting that controls this behaviour:

After setting:

I can see all users (including those that are not assigned to "my" organization) when using "Assign members" in the organization portlet.

Unfortunately this does not fix the behaviour in the user profile. I can still only select "my" organization (the one that the current user is assigned to). Looking at the JSPs and the portlet seems that there is no fix for this (other than patching the source code).

Hello!
Have you found a solution for this?

Thanks!
Pedro Almeida, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 41 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.07.30. Legújabb bejegyzések
Pedro Almeida:
Thomas Kellerer:

After setting:

Hello!
Have you found a solution for this?

Thanks!

turns out it was a bug. has been fixed for 6.1.1 GA2.