Fórumok

Eclipse juno + liferay ide

Michael Kroll, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Eclipse juno + liferay ide

New Member Bejegyzések: 17 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.01. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello,

I try to use eclipse juno with the liferay ide plugin, but I can find the plugin in eclipse.
There is no entry under 'File > New... > ' or anywhere else.
I have used this one 'http://releases.liferay.com/tools/ide/eclipse/juno/nightly/' to install it directly in eclipse, works fine without any errors.
When I look unter 'Help > About Eclipse' there is a Liferay icon, with the version infomation (1.6.0.v201207040948).
Anything looks good but I can find the Liferay plugin in Eclipse, someone has an idea on this ?!

Regards
Michael
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: Eclipse juno + liferay ide

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1123 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.02.16. Legújabb bejegyzések
What version of Eclipse Juno do you have? Can you tell me what the contents of the Help > About screen text is?
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1123 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.02.16. Legújabb bejegyzések
What likely has happened is that you have the Eclipse Java or Eclipse SDK package/distribution. So that means it does not have all the dependencies for Liferay IDE, namely the WebTools features. If that is the case you can install them from the Juno repository.

I am going to try update the Liferay IDE feature to include the properly enumerated list of features that would allow a user to install Liferay IDE feature into an Eclipse install and it automatically pull in features from Juno repository.

Hi,

thanks for your fast answer..
I have added a picture from the Eclipse about screen, so you can see which version I use and which plugins are installed.

Regards
Michael
thumbnail

Can you try the following to see what it says?
  • Open Console View
  • In view menu click on "Host OSGi Console"
  • at the prompt type "start com.liferay.ide.eclipse.project.ui"
  • post here any error messages you see

This is my error message:

WARNING: This console is connected to the current running instance of Eclipse!osgi> start com.liferay.ide.eclipse.project.ui
gogo: BundleException: The bundle "com.liferay.ide.eclipse.project.ui_1.6.0.v201207040948 [846]" could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Require-Bundle: com.liferay.ide.eclipse.project.core; bundle-version="0.0.0"
osgi>

Then I tried to install the OSGI bundle from WebTools and get this error message here:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context wasemoticonprofile=epp.package.jee, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
Multiple problems occurred while downloading.
Unable to read repository at http://download.eclipse.org/libra/milestones/S-0.2.0M1-201108160923/plugins/org.eclipse.libra.facet_0.1.1.201108160923.jar.
Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: http://download.eclipse.org/libra/milestones/S-0.2.0M1-201108160923/plugins/org.eclipse.libra.facet_0.1.1.201108160923.jar

I think that the osgi bundle is my problem......

Regards
Michael
thumbnail

Can you try this command from osgi console?

start com.liferay.ide.eclipse.project.core

If that fails because it can't find another bundle, can you just keep typing in the missing bundles until we find the one that it is actually missing?
thumbnail

In the future, hopefully this will not be problem if there are missing dependencies:

http://issues.liferay.com/browse/IDE-642

Gregory Amerson:
Can you try this command from osgi console?

start com.liferay.ide.eclipse.project.core

If that fails because it can't find another bundle, can you just keep typing in the missing bundles until we find the one that it is actually missing?

WARNING: This console is connected to the current running instance of Eclipse!osgi> start com.liferay.ide.eclipse.project.core
gogo: BundleException: The bundle "com.liferay.ide.eclipse.project.core_1.6.0.v201207040948 [805]" could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Require-Bundle: com.liferay.ide.eclipse.core; bundle-version="0.0.0"
osgi>
thumbnail

Can you try:

start com.liferay.ide.eclipse.core

Gregory Amerson:
Can you try:

start com.liferay.ide.eclipse.core

WARNING: This console is connected to the current running instance of Eclipse!osgi> start com.liferay.ide.eclipse.core
gogo: IllegalArgumentException: Cannot coerce start(String) to any of [(Bundle[])]
osgi>
thumbnail

Looks like a bad install/copy of the com.liferay.ide.eclipse.core plugin.

Try uninstalling the Liferay IDE feature and then re-installing. (You can uninstall from the Help > About > Configuration > Installed Feature > Liferay IDE, then click "Uninstall"). Then try reinstalling it again.

Gregory Amerson:

Try uninstalling the Liferay IDE feature and then re-installing. (You can uninstall from the Help > About > Configuration > Installed Feature > Liferay IDE, then click "Uninstall"). Then try reinstalling it again.

I don't now why, but after uninstall and install the Liferay IDE all works fine.
Yesterday morning I try it with a fresh installed Eclipse and it don't work.

Many thanks.

Regards
Michael
thumbnail

Glad you are up and running!
Racel Placek, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzés: 1 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.07.08. Legújabb bejegyzések
Michael Kroll:
Gregory Amerson:

I don't now why, but after uninstall and install the Liferay IDE all works fine.

Many thanks.

Regards
Michael

I had the same problem with Liferay IDE plugin in my Eclipse Juno on Windows 7. The plugin was visible in Eclipse About dialog but you cannot use it from menu. Problem was with missing admin privilages for eclipse. Solution is run eclipse as an administrator. For some reason eclipse didn't see some packages. After run eclipse as an admin then install the plugin and problem is gone.
thumbnail

Racel Placek:
Michael Kroll:
Gregory Amerson:

Many thanks.

Regards
Michael

I had the same problem with Liferay IDE plugin in my Eclipse Juno on Windows 7. The plugin was visible in Eclipse About dialog but you cannot use it from menu. Problem was with missing admin privilages for eclipse. Solution is run eclipse as an administrator. For some reason eclipse didn't see some packages. After run eclipse as an admin then install the plugin and problem is gone.

Thanks for that info about running it as administrator. Eclipse needs to install new files and modify existing ones in its installation folder during an update. So if you have installed Eclipse under a protected directory (Program Files) it will have this issue. Personally I always put Eclipse in a custom top-level directory, "D:/eclipse-juno", or similar to avoid such OS interference.
Anand Shankar, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 8 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.03.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,
I am also facing the same problem. Even I started Eclipse Juno with Admin but same exception is throwing

Unable to read repository at file:/D:/Practice/Portal/eclipse/p2/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository/cache/content-1639072965.xml.
The markup in the document preceding the root element must be well-formed.

--
Thanks
Anand Shankar