Fórumok

Changing language of portal

Peter Hellstrand, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Changing language of portal

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 166 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.11.30. Legújabb bejegyzések
Changing language doesn't work. After changing this my portal still is english.
What can be wrong? See screenshot

image hosting
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: Changing language of portal

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1902 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.03.10. Legújabb bejegyzések
The language you set in portal settings is the default settings. To check if this setting is working, you should sign out, clear your cookies and view the site again.

You're probably seeing English because your current user still has English set as it's display language. Go to My Account > Display settings to change your current user's default language.

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 166 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.11.30. Legújabb bejegyzések
We have a problem that the language changes from norweigian back to english after like an hour. Any ideas about that?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
We have a problem that the language changes from norweigian back to english after like an hour. Any ideas about that?

It happens to me all the time while viewing liferay.com site. In my case, it is caused when I open a new browser window and view liferay.com site by clicking on a link to a Japanese page. Unfortunately, language setting is shared between browsers so my first browser's language turn to Japanese when I move to a different page.

We only need to support one language.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14914 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
I think you're missing the fact that the language used is a combination of what the default is (that you define) and what individual user's language selected is.

The default will be used for non-authenticated users. Once you log in, your own language setting in your user account (available in the control panel -> (users/my account) ->display settings) takes priority over the portal default.

I do believe that the locale may also be controlled by the local system the browser is running, as there is some support for locale in the HTTP request too, and that may also impact the language Liferay uses to display content.

So there is no way setting the default language in the portal after a user have signed in?

So wierd, just changed my defualut language, did reboot, the change is gone.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
If you just need one language, just have that language only in the Available Language. This way, the portal will always use that language. Most of my users only require Japanese, so I do that too so the language won't change with the browser setting.
thumbnail
Sagar A Vyas, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 679 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.04.17. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Hitoshi san,

In which case we can use language portlet then ?

Cant we use in this situation, ultimately we are changing language of portal only.

Thanks,
Sagar Vyas
thumbnail

In which case we can use language portlet then ?

The language portlet will change the language but if a web browser opens a link in another language, the language may change.
thumbnail

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 679 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.04.17. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Hitoshi San,

Thanks for quick reply.
if a web browser opens a link in another language

- URL changes you means http://www.liferay.com/it/communit to http://www.liferay.com/en/communit it will change the content from Italian to English.

Thanks,
Sagar Vyas
thumbnail

Yes. Try opening a new web browser pane by clicking on the tab, and enter the url containing different language code. Go back to your orginal web tab and go to a different page.
thumbnail

That means when we select different language from control panel that will not produce such URL by which language automatically gets change.

Thanks,
Sagar Vyas
thumbnail

Hi Peter,

You can also use following properties in system(-ext).properties.

#
# Set the default locale used by Liferay. This locale is no longer set at
# the VM level. See LEP-2584.
#
user.country=US
user.language=en

Thanks,
Sagar Vyas