Fórumok

Changes to Profile pages on liferay.com

thumbnail
James Falkner, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Changes to Profile pages on liferay.com

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1399 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.09.17. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi all,

In an effort to improve usability and simplify navigation, your liferay.com profile pages are being *slightly* reorganized. Previously, your "profile" was really not a true profile page, but rather a flat collection of a bunch of pages that had different access permissions and would change depending on your login status and account type.

Your personal liferay.com area will now consist of two main areas: a private "Home" page only accessible to you, and your public "Profile" page that everyone can access and will always look the same to you and everyone else.

Your private "Home" page will only be visible to and accessible by you and will contain links that only you can access, providing you with content and functionality that is private to you or your account type (e.g. for EE customers, this is where you will have access to LESA and where you can generate licenses. For Marketplace developers, this is where you'll access the Marketplace for publishing and managing your apps you develop). It'll also provide you a view into your social network's activities (e.g. your liferay.com friends).

Your public "Profile" page will be.. well.. it'll be "you" - i.e. your picture, your social networks, your interests, blog, documents, your activities, links to your forum posts and blog posts, SVN/JIRA activity, your location, your wall, etc. This is the same (with some layout changes) to what was formerly your profile page located at /web/<screenname>/profile (and the path remains the same, and this is where people will be taken when they click on your name on a wiki article, blog posts, or forum post).

To get to your new "Home" page, the link at the upper left of liferay.com will now read "Go to my Home". A built-in clickable breadcrumb will let you know where you are in the navigation of these pages. To get back to liferay.com, the link changes to "Back to liferay.com" (although you never really "leave" liferay.com! But it's a handy link to get back out of your profile/home pages).

The liferay.com team hopes that these changes make it easier to understand your liferay.com pages and access your personal areas. While there is no loss of functionality, the changes may take a day or two to get used to. Rest assured it's not all that different (We're not pulling a Zuckerberg) and that Liferay and its web team welcomes any feedback you may have!
thumbnail
Jay Patel, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: Changes to Profile pages on liferay.com

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 118 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.02.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi James,

It looks like nice change, however I see that "Control Panel" & "My Account" links under "Settings" have stopped working for me & it shows blank page. I don't know whether it has to do anything with latest changes or not?

Thanks,
Jay.
thumbnail
Jay Patel, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 118 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.02.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Jay Patel:
Hi James,

It looks like nice change, however I see that "Control Panel" & "My Account" links under "Settings" have stopped working for me & it shows blank page. I don't know whether it has to do anything with latest changes or not?

Thanks,
Jay.

My bad, after refreshing the page the error is gone.

Thanks,
Jay.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
When I click on "Go to My Home", I'm getting a page showing list of my friends' activities instead of my own activities. I now have to do an additional click to view my own activities. I'm pretty sure that most of us would rather see by default one's own activities instead of somebody else's.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Is it possible to announce (via announcement portlet?) when liferay.com will be working on site maintenance?

It'll be better if users would know beforehand when the site may be down.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1399 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.09.17. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hitoshi Ozawa:
Is it possible to announce (via announcement portlet?) when liferay.com will be working on site maintenance?

It'll be better if users would know beforehand when the site may be down.

Yeah, if we ever take the site all the way down purposefully, we'll make an announcement in the header or a forum post. But for the profile changes, we didn't need to take the site all the way down.
thumbnail

But for the profile changes, we didn't need to take the site all the way down.

I don't know if this was related to the profile change but the www.liferay.com site was down several minutes yesterday.
thumbnail

Hitoshi Ozawa:
But for the profile changes, we didn't need to take the site all the way down.

I don't know if this was related to the profile change but the www.liferay.com site was down several minutes yesterday.

I don't think so - we've been having issues with the facility that hosts the liferay.com infrastructure - it was down several hours a week ago and some amount of time yesterday, totally unplanned. Sorry for the inconvenience!