Fórumok

Create a landing page for non-logged-in users

Dan Scully, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Create a landing page for non-logged-in users

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 48 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.10.13. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi

is it possible to make liferay display a different landing page for logged-in users and the ones not logged in (e.g. guests) ?

So when a logged-in user enters www.portal.com she sees a normal front page, with portlets etc. but when an unlogged-in person enters www.portal.com she sees an alternate page, eg. requesting her to log in etc.

Is it possible?

I am using liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1
thumbnail
Apoorva Prakash, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: Create a landing page for non-logged-in users

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 658 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.06.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello Dan,

I think there is no straight forward way, however it can be achieved by making some adjustments.

You can write and custom ServicePreAction class, where you can put a condition whether the user is signed in or not (themeDisplay.isSigedin()), and redirect to your required page.

Hope this may help for you.

Thanks and Regards,
Apoorva Prakash

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 48 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.10.13. Legújabb bejegyzések
Which method should be overriden? Could you give a little bit more information on creating a custom class?
thumbnail

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 658 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.06.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello Dan,
package com.liferay.portal.events;
public class CustomServicePreAction extends Action {
	public void run(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) {
		String redirectUrl = PortalUtil.getPortalURL(request);
		    ThemeDisplay themeDisplay = (ThemeDisplay)request.getAttribute(WebKeys.THEME_DISPLAY);
			if (!themeDisplay.isSignedIn()){
				response.sendRedirect(<privateurl>);
			}else{
				response.sendRedirect(<publicurl>);
			}
	    }
	}</publicurl></privateurl>

Make its entry in portal-ext.properties file.

You may also need to check with the current URL also, if there are more than pages for logged in and non-logged in users.
servlet.service.events.pre=com.liferay.portal.events.ServicePreAction,com.liferay.portal.events.CustomServicePreAction

Hope this will be helpful.

Thanks and Regards,
Apoorva Prakash

Things start to work, but I here's the case

In my run method, I when I enter the portal and I use

String portalURL = PortalUtil.getPortalURL(request);
String url = request.getRequestURL().toString();

to get the request url (to check if you need to be signed in to view it) I get all kinds of urls and the base url of the portal
But the problem is that the request url is never equal to the portal url. I get different sufixes appended eg. /c/portal/layout or /c/portal/status while in the brower URL it clearly says: portal:8080 (w/o suffixes)

I need to differentiate only two cases: user wants to see the main page or any other page
Only the main page (viewable via http://portal.com, http://www.portal.com, http://portal.com:8080 etc...) should be secure..

Is it possible to check if the request regards the main page?
thumbnail

Have a look on the following code, expecting your main page is - "/web/guest"...
ThemeDisplay themeDisplay = (ThemeDisplay) request.getAttribute(WebKeys.THEME_DISPLAY);
String currentURL = ((themeDisplay.getLayout().isPrivateLayout()) ? PortalUtil.getPathFriendlyURLPrivateGroup() : 
				PortalUtil.getPathFriendlyURLPublic()) + themeDisplay.getScopeGroup().getFriendlyURL();

String guestURL = "/web/guest";
			String redirectUrl = PortalUtil.getPortalURL(request);

try{
				// redirection to user homepage, if logged in
				if(themeDisplay.isSignedIn() &amp;&amp; themeDisplay.getLayout().isPublicLayout() &amp;&amp; guestURL.equals(currentURL)){
						redirectUrl += "put your custom path here";
						response.sendRedirect(redirectUrl);
				}
			}catch(Exception e){
				e.printStackTrace();
			}

This will work.

Thanks and Regards,
Apoorva Prakash