Fórumok

Application for Ubuntu Desktop, Windows 8 and Google Chrome (and mobiles)

thumbnail
Luis Mas, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Application for Ubuntu Desktop, Windows 8 and Google Chrome (and mobiles)

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 146 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.05.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
I think it would be interesting to build an app for Ubuntu Desktop, Google Chrome and Windows 8 in which you could setup Liferay Server, SSO, Calendar, Contacts/Friends, Sync, Chat, Workflow notifications, Forums Notifications, Other Notifications ... (depending on the portlets the server have installed). This app would be in Microsoft Apps Shop, Google Play, Apple Store, Chrome Store.

You could have different options for Social Office or Liferay.

The goals would be to have access to Liferay from the Operating System and receive notifications from the OS without the need to open the browser and login into Liferay and have smoothly integration with the OS.

The app could be modular and extensible, in order to be able to add parameters for custom portlets (difficult).

Not sure if Liferay Core Engineers are already developing this kind of app.

You could add to this environment Smart TVs (most of them are Android).
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: Application for Ubuntu Desktop, Windows 8 and Google Chrome (and mobile

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 2871 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.08.31. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Luis,

This definitely sounds interesting.

I thought of giving it a try for Ubuntu when Canonical launched their Web Apps concept, but I haven't had a chance. Is that what you had in mind as well?

Are the apps for Chrome and Windows 8 similar in concept?

I don't think this is going to be a priority for the short term for the core team, but if you and others are willing to contribute I will definitely do my best to help get it in.